Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / 'SET SOUND VOLUME' and 'SET MUSIC VOLUME' still bugged? is there any possible fix for this?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2021 04:00 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2021 04:31
EDIT: Disregard this.
I was mistaken. There was a small and very VERY well hidden one-character mistake deep within the bowels of my code that was causing the issue, not the command itself. (Although it still only works when called twice.)

Ive been having some trouble with SET SOUND VOLUME and SET MUSIC VOLUME just flat out not working. I run the command, and the volume the sound is playing at doesnt change. I even set it up to display the current volume using GET SOUND VOLUME and yeah, the number returned by GET SOUND VOLUME never changes, no matter what I try or what I set it to. Ive searched the forums, and found several threads reporting similar issues, and even a bug report thread for it, but so far havent found a solution.

One thread claimed that calling the SET SOUND VOLUME command twice would make it work, but Ive tried that and it doesnt work.

Is there any solution to this? or even a workaround for changing volume without using the bugged commands? Or is DBPro just forever broken in this regard?
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2021 04:35
I recommend the enhanced audio plugin

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/111325#msg1253581
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:03:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:03:12