Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / island survival clicker game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2021 21:49 Edited at: 31st Jul 2021 21:50
i wanted to test making a gui/db based app/game using agk, it has buttons scrollers,lists and a few databases.

it is a clicker game with crafting, resource gathering.

it hasnt been play tested and i dont know what design/blancing shod i do, i also need to improve the ending screen for estetics

https://yoel.itch.io/island-survival-clicker

hers the source code:
https://github.com/yoel123/app-game-kit-yframework-island-survival-clicker-incremental

one strange thing happed on my doogee s60 (android) the apk didnt run at api 29 and when i signed it with a keystore (generated by the agk ide) it said im an "untrusted developer" (how rude).

ayway tell me what you think, what to improve any feature request?

one request i already got is to add an info btn for each crafting item so the player can see its requirements and cost.

plus i dont know if players will learn how to play it fast, i wrote instructions.

and when i have time i want to document my code on the git wiki, i tried making it modular and easy to expand (if anyone cares to take a look at the code and give thier opinion).
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2021 02:58
i've d/l'd the exe and reviewed some of the instructions, so far. with that, take a look at this simple snippet and consider using SetTextScissor() vs (what appears to be) SetViewOffset() to scroll where, as is, the buttons and all are shifting.

otherwise, the obligatory screenshot:

and, consider exporting this to HTML so we can see this progress without having to download each time?

meanwhile, the premise looks promising. will keep an eye on this

[My Itch.io Home] [Community Apps on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]
yoel12344
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2021 13:30 Edited at: 1st Aug 2021 13:39
Virtual Nomad- i think i tried SetTextScissor (did some research) i think it didnt work, i will test it again i looked at your code and it looks nice (ill try it ).

and no i didnt use SetViewOffset i ported a simpler version of an as 3 scroller(with no scroolbar that will need more math and im lazy):

ye it havily uses my framework, i will need to write a documentation for that.

html? gladly but how do i save json files on local storage/cookies? is there a way to communicate with custom js? i saw a hack to send data with messge(), how do i get data back to agks js?
with js opendb i can even use sql (websql whatever they call that).
my game has a ton of data to save.
i can hack my way using "shared vars" agk funcs, will take time and wont be fun, if anyone has a better way please share it with me.
would be a shame to make a html5 version with no prograss save.

oh and i forgot to menthion: i used this post to packge my game to one exe, dosnt protect the resources but 90% of players wont get to them (and those that do wont be stoped by almost anything).

also i wanna show you my itch io trafic:
its nice for free trafic,but its kinda a one time thing(they wont be happy if i post again) and i got downvoted on the reddit incremental games sub...its nice to see people supporting indie devs that make free games.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
yoel12344
Years of Service
User Offline
ok html5 version is up, as i suspected i had to deal with SharedVariables and turning arrays to strings and spliting strings to arrays....i prefer the array.save("jsonfile.json") becuse im lazy. but it couldent be helped.
i also changed stuff reddit users asked for(cheaper upgrades a spear and a fast auto clicker).

again if anyone has an idea, advice, criticism feel free to speak your mind.

and i would definitely document my code once it matured a bit.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 08:33:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 08:33:00