Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / [SOLVED] Firebase APK export fails (no firebase_url entry in config file)

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2021 06:13 Edited at: 19th Aug 2021 06:15
Hello,

I've set up Firebase to send push notifications to my users. When I try to export it, I get the following error and the export fails:
Quote: "Error: could not find firebase_url in Firebase config file"

Is there a solution for this? Will this be fixed in an upcoming update? I decided to post it here, but it might belong into the Android topic.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2021 20:16
This is your fault not app game kit. Because just yesterday i done it successfully. So chk where you Doing wrong.
hosch
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your reply. Here's the steps i took, then I got the error:

- downloaded the googleservices.json
- pointed to it in the AppGameKit export

If it worked for you, I will retry tomorrow of course. Did you do something different?

hosch
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I reexported the googleservices.json, but the problem remains. It would be really helpful, if you could share how you have done it. Thanks.
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2021 19:40
@hosch I am sorry and you are right . This problems arise . But I was not wrong because I done this successfully 3 days ago but that was with previously created google config file. But If I create new google config file then this error comes .
hosch
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2021 20:57 Edited at: 21st Aug 2021 21:05
Thank you for confirming the issue. I suppose you can't share a working Json, because of the private data it contains. So it's up to TGC to give a workaround or a fix. I'm more than happy to assist in fixing this and trying things out in my current Android test build, if it helps to speed up the process.
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2021 21:32
Thanking you too for finding this issue. Because if we create new app for play store then we also need new firebase config files. And I chk both in classic and studio and the same error comes both of them.
hosch
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a little update on this. I contacted TGC directly and got a reply today. They want to look into it this week.
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2021 12:53
ok . How you contact TGC directly ? any any update about app bundle ?
hosch
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
If you have an urgent problem, you can contact them via the contact form on the main AppGameKit page, bottom right.

Nothing new on App Bundles, which means we can't publish our newest projects to Google unfortunately.
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2021 15:09
Yes I make 2 Games and waiting for new update . I know his is not very easy task and even How TGC know that google change it to bundle from apk .. .
Anyways can you help me in a JSON topic ? (Sorry for my bad English )
Please watch this - https://youtu.be/tHkqZ44pjSs

Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2021 19:57
" I know his is not very easy task and even How TGC know that google change it to bundle from apk .. ."

Because Google announced it in March, we posted it here in April, and RickV acknowledged that he saw the August deadline on July 7th.

Link: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/227561

LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
hosch
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2021 21:29 Edited at: 30th Aug 2021 21:31
Yes, it has been announced early and frankly, I'm disappointed, too. I like working with AppGameKit, but if you dig a little deeper, there are some issues (no engine is without them, though).

Keeping up with Google is not always an easy task, just look at their thousands of pages of guidelines etc., so targeting this platform is not easy. That's why I was glad that AppGameKit handles this for me, well... up until now anyways.

I'm curious how the App Bundle and Firebase integration will be handled and I'd like to settle on AppGameKit for future projects.

TamBam wrote: "Anyways can you help me in a JSON topic ?"

I've seen your other thread on this and I am no Json expert, but maybe we can figure something out.
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 06:05
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
I have 3 Gaming Cyber Cafe . and this AppGameKit was my hobby but in this pandemic my business effect massive and earning down from 100% to 30% . So I start selling small games and application which I made with App Game Kit . And I get fair response from my YouTube channel and get customer . But now I afraid what will be in future if TGC decide to quit AppGameKit (like Dark Basic Pro I almost buy all DBP dlc from 2007-2010 but now I can't use those because they link to some others website name github and I am not very technical person so I can't use that website resources ) anyways and because August almost end and no response from TGC about AppGameKit so yesterday I download Android Studio and start learning . because I have already 18 client and my games mainly on lucky wheel or card type so I think I can manage those through android Studio .

But still I keep making games with AppGameKit because I love it very much .
My Games made with DBP https://youtu.be/rKSn2euEaB0

hosch
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 13:04 Edited at: 31st Aug 2021 13:05
Hi,

I quickly want to share a workaround for the issue, kindly provided by TGC. This doesn't solve the cause, but it allows exporting and sending out Firebase messages.

Change your googleservices.json file from this

to this

The firebase URL is the same info as the storage_bucket tag.
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 14:27
Thankyou
hosch
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
TamBam wrote: "So I start selling small games and application which I made with App Game Kit . And I get fair response from my YouTube channel and get customer"

I wish you the best of luck. As a community we help each other out. I've looked at your video, but I don't know much about Cricket honestly and don't even understand the data. So I will try my best It seems the data you get is inconsistent and you are trying to compensate for this, right?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:12:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:12:02