Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / web-based chat options?

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2021 18:19
This is a work-related matter. We're trying to find a chat solution for our environment, but the stipulation is it can't have any access to webcam or mic support (which appears that just about everything has support for). It's a security thing. Simply having an option to disable those features is not good enough. I'm not sure if persistent chat history is an issue or not, I believe that is ok. Something like a simplified MS Teams would be nice. Ideally we would want to authenticate users with active directory. We tried something called mattermost but have had issues with the authentication, it does some weird roundabout method through gitlab. Just wondering if anyone here knew of any packages they could suggest we take a look at. I don't have the time to develop in-house at the moment and we need a quick solution since new regulations forced us to kill our prior solution.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2021 09:22
Why not use Team Software like Zeus or Monday?
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2021 23:52
Never heard of either one. I can't even find anything online about zeus. (you have a link to it?) I think we figured out the issue with mattermost, and it's an issue with their software not forwarding a certificate from the proxy to our authentication server. They're response was they have no plans on fixing that.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2021 12:25
Team Zeus

Haven't used it in about 5 years., but used to be a great for project management and team communication when you're not all in the same building.
I think Monday.com is better now... certainly more comprehensive in what features it offers.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2021 14:29 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2021 23:04
Doesn't look like it exists anymore, their links take me to directonlineservices.com which sell countertops. I guess I forgot to mention that we need to control the server ourselves, it's an isolated environment with no internet. I'm looking at Monday but I don't think I can do that even with their enterprise package. I'll shoot them an email though.

Looks like it doesn't matter anymore. We'll possibly be able to use our original software again soon. And they seem determined to move forward with mattermost and buy it. Basically we'll end up with maintaining two products that do the same thing. government logic....
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Legend of Zelda

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:14:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:14:33