Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / Issue submitting App - NSUserTrackingUsageDescription

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2021 17:53
Hi,

I'm trying to submit my latest app to App Store but it's been rejected on the "Guideline 5.1.2 - Legal - Privacy - Data Use and Sharing The app privacy information you provided in App Store Connect indicates you..." reason. It seems like the NSUserTrackingUsageDescription is automatically included in the binary, so therefore I need to indicate in the App Privacy section what data I'm using to track (won't let me submit for review if I don't). So I just pick one of the data sets and said that one, even though I'm not doing any tracking in the app. But now on review, they are saying because NSUserTrackingUsageDescription is included in the binary, I also "must implement App Tracking Transparency and request permission before collecting data used to track. When you resubmit, indicate in the Review Notes where the permission request is located". I don't know how I would do this using AppGameKit, but I wouldn't want to anyway as I don't do any tracking.

So is there anyway NSUserTrackingUsageDescription can be removed from my binary? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
John
El Presidente
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2021 19:16
this MIGHT be helpful: https://github.com/TheGameCreators/AGK-Studio/issues/831 where its been a known issue.

based on the dialogue there, i'm surprised that the Issue wasn't resolved with today's (studio) update.
[My Itch.io Home] [AGK on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]
kozma_11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2021 19:34
Thanks Virtual Nomad, orvillians's comments indicate it has been fixed for Studio's latest update. I've been meaning to move to Studio for a while now so I've made the plunge! I'll compile it with the new studio version and submit it and see how it goes. Cheers again for your quick reply

John
El Presidente

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:40:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:40:16