Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Submitting to Play Store. API version issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I am getting the following message when uploading my app to play store...

You uploaded an APK or Android App Bundle that was signed in debug mode. You need to sign your APK or Android App Bundle in release mode. Find out more about signing.
Your app currently targets API level 29 and must target at least API level 30 to ensure that it is built on the latest APIs optimised for security and performance. Change your app's target API level to at least 30.

I couldn't see API 30 listed in AGK2 export.

Any ideas?
If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving isn't for you.
Superior Interactive
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2021 08:19
We are using the latest version of Windows App Game Kit (Version 2021.10.19), and the following error message is shown when we attempt to update our Repton 2 software:

"Your app currently targets API level 29 and must target at least API level 30 to ensure that it is built on the latest APIs optimised for security and performance. Change your app's target API level to at least 30."

Orvillian, please would you look into this as we are currently unable to update our software?
Superior Interactive
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2021 17:42 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2021 07:41
Re. the earlier post, we are using 'Export Project' from Windows App Game Kit Classic (Version 2021.10.19).

After unzipping the .aab file and inspecting the AndroidManifest.xml file, it seems that the Target SDK Version has been set internally at 29, but it needs to be 30:
http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android
targetSdkVersion

Orvillian, please modify this when you have chance.

(I can see in the AndroidManifest.xml file that the Compile SDK Version and the Min SDK Version have been correctly set to 30 and 16 respectively, but the Target SDK Version needs to be changed from 29 to 30.)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:15:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:15:58