Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / LoadmusicOGG()

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2021 23:09 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2021 23:14
Noticed today that Loadmusic() now has to be an OGG file . Upto now I've been using .wav files for all my sounds and music . Not such a big deal but did set me back a bit today . with this and the aab thing it set me back hours but in the end got done what I needed to and my Android game is up on itch.io . I may have to make some adjustments but it all seems to work ok .
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2021 23:30 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2021 23:36
I thought there were 2 commands: LoadMusic() for mp3 and LoadMusicOgg() for ogg.

I know LoadMusic() has been deprecated but I thought it should still work?

What type of game have you written?
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2021 01:10 Edited at: 4th Oct 2021 01:25
where on itch?

i see it, now. that's begging for an HTML version

is a joystick required on WIN? i can WASD but dunno how to shoot (R/T work so what's the Shoot key?).

you know you can upload both android and win versions to the same page, right?

did you add AppGameKit to Engine metadata?
[My Itch.io Home] [AGK on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2021 13:01 Edited at: 4th Oct 2021 13:02
I have almost finished the 6th level so it is doable . Enter is fire. I will take a look at having both on the same page . I think I'm gonna start putting the AppGameKit logo on my games.
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2021 13:11 Edited at: 4th Oct 2021 13:17
I think I would describe it as a big ant and butterfly shooty thing . It took longer to make than I anticipated however I quite like it . I just made an update to the windows version and it is easier to aim the gun now as slowed it down a bit .
Not sure what to make next although I do have some ideas rattling about .
The ogg thing was not a problem as found a nice program to convert .wav to .ogg but yes .wav does still work it just complains a bit . I only used the ogg music file for the Android version but gonna use it from now on . I don't think it effects the .wav sound files just the music files but I may be wrong .
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2021 13:32
This is my third game this year and I'm really pleased with my progress . The more I learn the more I enjoy it as I can get things done a lot quicker and with less stress to the brain. The quality I think has improved a fair bit as well.
From Feb 2020 to Feb 2021 I did no coding at all , this was not intentional it was supposed to be a short break . However I started back better than before. I do think though what a waste of a year . On itch.io if you take a look at my first game in AppGameKit it really was poor to say the least but as it says you've gotta start somewhere. It was called attack by air and took me about 6 weeks hard work . Hilarious I know!
Happy coding .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 19:55:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 19:55:55