Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Link 4 (Connect 4 Clone) Released!

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2021 17:27 Edited at: 13th Dec 2021 09:24
I have uploaded my very first AppGameKit game to itch.io

http://zaxxan-studios.itch.io/link4

The game is a four in a row type game called Link 4. It plays OK but the AI definitely needs improving!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 4th Oct 2021 19:15
very cool. you make great stuff.
[My Itch.io Home] [AGK on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2021 19:49 Edited at: 4th Oct 2021 19:50
Well I played it and won . I think the AI is pretty good as it did give me a run for my money and I used to play the game on a regular basis . It looks like a nice piece of software and plays well.
I like your custom buttons too .
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2021 20:06
I created the buttons using Paint.net, there was a tutorial on their website.
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2021 10:57 Edited at: 13th Nov 2021 11:13
I've updated this game.

It now saves games won, drawn etc, colours and music on/off. I have also replaced the players heads with animated cartoon balls. If anyone gets chance to give it a try that would be great!

http://zaxxan-studios.itch.io/link4
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2021 12:20 Edited at: 13th Nov 2021 12:44
When I upload games to itch.io the graphic quality isn't as good as when running as an executable, in fact it is quite a lot worse. Is this normal for a HTML5 game or am I doing something wrong?

Update: I think I have found the problem I had it set to full screen in my program. I've set it to windowed and it now looks a lot better on itch.io
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2021 22:36
Oh the nostalgia, way back when I had this connect 4 that would detect the colors and give a beep (1980 something), it was state of the art back then.

Your game looks fantastic, very true to the original

And yes, I has issues on itch with fullscreen, I had to edit the html to get it working (rip out all the TGC guff)
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2021 17:22
I enjoy playing connect 4 but I'm rubbish at playing it I'm hoping to rewrite the AI as it's not as good as I would like but I haven't got the time at the moment.. I really enjoy using AppGameKit though most things seem really straight forward to do.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2021 08:52
It is a pretty straight forward API to be honest, function names are descriptive and the syntax is pretty forgiving, managed memory but above all it may seem like a simple thing but internal sprite and object management classes make it a joy to use, take Love2D or raylib for example, sure they both rock but before you do anything you got to write management and animation systems, bounding boxes and collisions ... its all just there in AppGameKit, a lot of people forget or dont even consider this

Here, Ill give you a real world example, I am kind of building my own game engine on the back burner (shelved it for this comp)

this

and this

are just to create, move and draw a sprite ... and there not finished yet, no collisions, no physics, animations not finished, everything ^^ that lot does AppGameKit does with a handful of function calls!, it is a pure joy to code with even the C++ side, compared to the alternative ^^

Same for Love2D I wrote a sprite management class for that a while ago, same deal, but dumped it because I also want 3D.

There is a reason I keep coming back to AppGameKit, it saves me writing thousands of lines of code to do the most mundane things lol
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:09:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:09:11