Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [SOLVED] Show only a splash screen at beginning of program for limited time

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2021 00:45 Edited at: 18th Oct 2021 00:48
Hi,
For the life of me I have tried numerous ways to have only a sprite splash screen show for about 5 seconds. All I get is a white screen for about 5 seconds and then it and everything else shows up at the same time. I have loaded an image, created the sprite and set the position of the sprite all before what I have tried to pause the program so the splash shows for 5 seconds, but, like I said above I get a white screen for 5 seconds and then program continues as normal.

The timer works, but I get white screen for 5 seconds. I have also tried other ways, but same thing happends. The above code and the other ways I tried, I put after loading image, creating sprite and setting the position of sprite.
Gigabyte Board/ AMD 3.3 Ghtz Quad core/8GB Ram/Nvidia Geforce 1080 GTX 8GB/1TB Western Dig. SSD/Windows 10 Home/Dark Basic Pro 9Ex

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2021 01:22 Edited at: 18th Oct 2021 01:28
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
this is (pretty much) how i did it in P3:

can do a "fade out" similarly (or get rid of the alpha part altogether).

or, just a 5 sec pause:
Unseen Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2021 01:48
Quote: "or, just a 5 sec pause:"

Thank you Virtual Nomad, your 2nd snippet worked.

I knew I was on the right track with my code, but I think I was just missing a sync() command
Gigabyte Board/ AMD 3.3 Ghtz Quad core/8GB Ram/Nvidia Geforce 1080 GTX 8GB/1TB Western Dig. SSD/Windows 10 Home/Dark Basic Pro 9Ex

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
This is what I'm doing in my loop, I will try Virtual Nomads. Mine works good but I want it to fade if possible.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:42:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:42:47