Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / [SOLVED] Stream music from Tidal in-game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a media question, also a script question. Is it possible to play music streams in game rather than inserting audio files for the soundtrack?
Background. After a long hiatus I have a new computer monitor and I am working on getting my demo out.
The reason for the game is to create a fun interactive environment as a marketing tool for my new hard rock album and PR for myself as an artist. And I realized that if I could stream the music from the Tidal,Deezer, apple, audiomack, boomplay, or Spotify, into the game I wouldn't have to point people to the soundtrack and hope they go stream it. Instead the music would stream in-game, and because I would be receiving music royalties while the game was being played I could put the game out for free and without ads, and still make potentially a lot of money from it.
So is it doable?

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2021 12:52
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
SolaraV It might be doable? Never tried anything like this before?
The command to try is "weblink=x " Could try linking straight to a file
** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **
SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2021 11:59 Edited at: 28th Oct 2021 12:00
I like it. I'll try it out. But either way it is not that important, just would allow me to make money from an in-game element, but unless the person is logged in to Spotify then it might get flagged as a bot-play. So I will have to integrate a Spotify portal into a launcher of some sort. I am going to have several stereos throughout the game. One in each level. Upon turning the stereo on one of my songs will play, and you will get a perk of some sort, like health, a weapon, or extra ammo for every stereo you activate. Activating the stereo will be optional, but encouraged by the perks in an environment with otherwise limited resources.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 19:13:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 19:13:43