Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Bundle Assets

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2021 15:26
Does AppGameKit not bundle the assets within the Windows executable?
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
J. Baker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2021 17:04
Hmm... That's a shame. I'm so use to PureBasic. There's a few things that bother me about this app but I'm trying to get use to it. The WadPacker is a nice idea but not what I was looking for. Thanks though!
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2021 17:44
Ah yes, IncludeBinary in a DataSection and load in with Catch*, files never touch the disk, no such functionally in AppGameKit I'm afraid

Although the syntax seems comparable they are very different things, look at the zip functions maybe you can code your own system but if your looking to load images to memory from imbedded resources, its not going to happen, unfortunately, WadPacker or a custom zip system is about the best we are going to get.

There are a few packer and sandbox type solutions out there and you could also use a SFX for basic protection.
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
J. Baker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2021 19:06
Thanks for the info!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:07:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:07:11