Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / My first level looks Awesome!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2021 05:08 Edited at: 13th Nov 2021 09:38
This is without dynamic lights, or even light fixtures, but it's looking really cool!

It's a work in progress. I finally got my workflow down for creating environment entities.

And here is an audio rack I made from terminal C by adding 2 brushes.

Put this up here because I have limited unlimited data and the phone I am on discord with eats the data up when I tether.
I still have to put my weapon hands on the Beretta, and make it fire faster, and put my weapon hands on the m79. Record lots of taunts and Hollywood one liners, and this is gonna be epic. Duke Nukem 3d is my inspiration for this game, and I need it to be right. It's Duke Nukem meets a massive government conspiracy to fake an alien invasion, all centered around the main character (Me, solara voltara) .
Instead of being pissed because they shot up my ride, or tried to steal the chicks, she's pissed because they ruined her bands debut concert. And it's going to go from survival, to intense face paced combat, and then to just trying to survive without running out of ammo. Let's get nasty

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2021 06:21 Edited at: 15th Nov 2021 08:13
Update: I have now made the Vickers use a blue & red version of muzzle flash 6, it also has only 1 round per magazine, deleted the alternate fire mode, and it also shoots a blue energy ball, that explodes blue on impact and has a new explosion sound, a darker texture, and a new fire sound. I have attached a zip file in a new thread in the models section. Along with a readme.txt to explain how I did this and furthermore.
Would love to hear feedback on how it can be improved.
Also working on a model of Vin Diesel, it's a retexure and rescale and revoicing of thug talker. It's looking pretty cool. He's gonna be making a cameo appearance in the game for about 5 seconds, hopefully I don't get a cease and desist...
Also I have the first cutscene done except for the audio. Totally excited!!!

Original post:

I have been working on the stock weapons. They turned out to be a very good starting point
Check out the pics. Shows what you can do with just changing sounds and editing the gunspec. Still more to do.
I will provide my soundpack and gunspec for these 2 blasters, by the way the pistol is updated with a new sound too, I also retexured them shortly after I took these pictures to make the guns look grungy, to make them look worn out.

right now I'm trying to figure out how to replace a smoke effect with an appropriate muzzle flash and make it into an energy impact and set that as a type in the gunspec. By the way, for anyone who doesn't know, 7 is the last muzzle flash type available but you have an unlimited amount of possible types, all you have to do is make a billboard and name it correctly and put it in the muzzlefashes folder.
Every effect in the game is just a clever use of a billboard.
Actress/model/musician/ & now a game dev

Attachments

Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "This is without dynamic lights"

With the use of dynamic lighting, serious brakes will begin on the stage.
It is better to bake in statics to the maximum.
SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2021 10:20 Edited at: 7th Dec 2021 23:11
[quote=With the use of dynamic lighting, serious brakes will begin on the stage.
It is better to bake in statics to the maximum.]
I'll have to worry about that when I get a new motherboard for my main machine. It's fried right now so I'm developing on a 1.6ghz dinosaur

Plus since I am already taking a "break" I'm not sure what you mean. But if you are talking about graphics falling apart... I am much more concerned with gameplay intensity and immersion than with spectacular graphics at the moment.
I plan to have no "dynamic lights" in the level, but in the build they will be turned on because the light mapping looks prettier. Also I intend to build with the zombiekiller performance patch so that the light mapping will be done Dynamically by the ram instead of calculated during the build. I have no idea how to bake anything besides food.

Anyway I still have to put some posters and rock memerobilia on the walls and then I will be fairly happy with the level.
I've just made secret and difficult off map entrance to a secret level. Should be pretty awesome. I'm fairly excited

Attachments

SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2024 21:35 Edited at: 17th Mar 2024 21:38
I just came here to post an Update.
I lost everything I had been working on, lost my computer and everything. I got a new laptop though, and I played on Doom 3 again, and then I downloaded Black Ice Mod, and started messing around in there, and I was getting good frame rates finally, but...
Finally I came to a decision. Since I lost all of my progress, there's no point in me trying to recreate my game just now in FPSC. This stuff above took forever and now it's all gone.
SO I have been refreshing myself on Doomedit, and have decided that I'm going to make a Terminator mod for Doom 3. I'm using the IDtech4 engine because it's lightweight, looks impressive even today, has great game mechanics, And every time I've played it I couldn't help but consider how well Terminators would fit into the scenery.
So rather than a sneak around game like Terminator Resistance, I'm going to attempt to create a monster movie of a Terminator game with a heck of a lot more shooting. I figure by the time I accomplish this I'll have learned the engine fairly well. Mapping isnt quite as simple but I think it will be worth it in the end to begin using this engine.
So "Anthropod" is on the backburner for now. I think what I was trying to do with Anthropod was overly ambitious for this particular engine anyway

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2024 17:34
Well look who's back from a long hiatus where you been? Yeah, things happen and we have to start over
You can do it, just takes time.
** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 18:10:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 18:10:35