Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / A simple board game based on 'Asalto' rules

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2021 19:42 Edited at: 19th Nov 2021 20:29
My first time with AGK.
A minimalistic project for 'Asalto' type game ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asalto ) framed in a historical context of early XX c. The theme was picked partially by chance, and partially by the fact that most documents, photos, recordings from that era are in PD now - as there were published before 1926 ;].

Early version - there are some glitches which will be successively fixed.

Published on itch & Google play:
https://keolinsk.itch.io/whack-red-white
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keolinsk.WhackRedWhite

Video link:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 19th Nov 2021 20:32 Edited at: 19th Nov 2021 20:35
hey, keolinsk.

i saw this up on itch (i hit THIS regularly) and it looks interesting. any chance of a HTML version?

meanwhile, i fixed ur vid. you just need the l5vjjvRS2KU part, then surround it with the vid/youtube tags:

thanks for sharing
keolinsk
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the yt link fix.
I was planning an html version – but I found significant problems with performance. I’m using classic minimax with a/b pruning – graph searching on html takes ages and limiting depth search makes ‘AI’ easy to be defeated. I’m still learning perf characteristic of Tier1 – and I suppose that classic implementations for graph searching may be not optimal here.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 23rd Nov 2021 01:18 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2021 01:21
after watching comp v comp once to see how things play out, then trying to watch again, the result of the last match was depicted vs replaying and the same again until i exit and restart.

i'm assuming there's some randomness to c v c, otherwise?

meanwhile, i maximized and then when the match starts or i click Help, etc, the window is resized and i have to maximize again (and again).

WIN version
keolinsk
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks - bugs fixed ;]

You are right: in the case when there are movement options which represent equal reward when searching the decision tree - a random one is picked. This makes c v c game more diverse.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:35:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:35:56