Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Error: Failed to read AndroidManfest.xml file

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am running AppGameKit Studio version 2021.09.30 via Steam on Linux.

When I try to export to any kind of APK, I get [b]Error: Failed to read AndroidManfest.xml[b].

I see the file in my home directory here: ~/.local/Steam/steamapps/common/AppGameKit Studio/media/data/android/...

The error message is light on details. I don't know why it failed to read the file.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2021 20:11 Edited at: 27th Nov 2021 20:12
Quote: "I see the file in my home directory"

is it literally in "common/AppGameKit Studio/media/data/android/" ?

mine is in "common\AppGameKit Studio\media\data\android\sourceGoogle"

...which reminds me of THIS where orvillian advised deleting the android folder and restarting the IDE (which should prompt downloading the files (in the right place?)).
shinyogre
Years of Service
User Offline
The manifest file was in ~/.local/Steam/steamapps/common/AppGameKit Studio/media/data/android/sourceOuya (I'm trying to export for Ouya).

I just tried deleting the Android folder and then relaunching the IDE from Steam. It did nothing. No prompts, no newly created Android folder.

shinyogre
Years of Service
User Offline
I get this error when I click "export" from the Android export menu:

shinyogre
Years of Service
User Offline
I manually created the build_tmp directory mentioned in the error, and now the apk seems to be generated without additional errors.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2021 03:47 Edited at: 28th Nov 2021 03:47
nice on getting this resolved for yourself and sorry i wasn't any help, there.

had you tried exporting as google/amazon apk (or aab)? if this was strictly a ouya export issue, i'd be prone to adding that to the thread's title for the next person facing the same dilemma. if not, i'll leave it as is.

meanwhile, i've asked a dev to look at this thread where i wonder if the ouya export was overlooked with the last update.
shinyogre
Years of Service
User Offline
It was an issue with any apk exporter, not just Ouya. I tested the exported APK on an Ouya and it works as expected, so creating that build_tmp directory manually does indeed resolve the issue.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 05:28:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 05:28:52