Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Releasing App on Android / Google Play impossible

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2021 19:24
Google refuses any and all Bundles that are not on API 30.
Both Studio and Classic do not go higher than API 29.

(This also means that I will lose any and all people that have an android device below Android 11;
Not your fault, just something to be aware of. )

This is really weird, and inexplicable to me.
Your app currently targets API level 29 and must target at least API level 30 to ensure it is built on the latest APIs optimized for security and performance. Change your app's target API level to at least 30.

This is the error message received.
Thanks,
James

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2021 22:45 Edited at: 28th Nov 2021 22:48
Although Studio only has an option for API29 it does actually target API30. I have successfully uploaded a bundle using Studio. Classic is broken but I have been told that it will be fixed in the next update. The bundle will still work on devices running a lower API once uploaded to google play store.
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
The setting in the export dialog refers to the minimum Android version supported. This is different to the target API, which is set internally. Studio targets API 30 internally. There is a problem with Classic where it didn't update correctly that will be fixed soon.
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2021 15:26
Thank you all, much appreciated!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 20:24:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 20:24:31