Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [SOLVED] Image not showing correctly

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2021 19:38
Hi,

I'm having a issue with an image I created for my splash screen. It shows up fine in Gimp latest version. The ball looks round, but when I run the program it looks oval shaped. The image was 4000x4000 and my original display setting in the program was 1024x768 and it showed up oval looking. So, I decided to change display settings in the program to give it a even ratio so when I resized the image from 4000x4000 to 1024x1024 it should show up fine or so I thought. Like I said I tried the original settings as such:

To no avail. It showed up oval shaped. That is when I thought of resizing the image from 4000x4000 to 1024x1024. Still to no avail with 1024x768. So then I tried to change the settings as such:

And it still shows up oval shaped. I do have a curved MSI 27" gaming monitor, but I don't think that should make a difference, should it? The program should still see it correctly I would think? Again reguardless of the monitor the image looks perfect in Gimp. I have uploaded the correct image and an image I got from a screen shot from a video. Alt+PrtSc was giving me issues so I had to do it that way. Anyway you can still see the difference. I have Windows 10 64 bit.

Any ideas?

Gigabyte Board/ AMD 3.3 Ghtz Quad core/8GB Ram/Nvidia Geforce 1080 GTX 8GB/1TB Western Dig. SSD/Windows 10 Home/Dark Basic Pro 9Ex

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2021 23:16
Can you post the LoadImage()/CreateSprite() code please?
Unseen Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2021 01:57
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Quote: "Can you post the LoadImage()/CreateSprite() code please?"

Yes, but before I posted this I figured the problem out. I forgot I was setting the image to an object and the object was too small. Only 400x300, so I created an object same size as the image and repositioned it. I was doing it that way to get a certain effect. Here is the corrected code:

Thank you blink0k, I have it working now
Gigabyte Board/ AMD 3.3 Ghtz Quad core/8GB Ram/Nvidia Geforce 1080 GTX 8GB/1TB Western Dig. SSD/Windows 10 Home/Dark Basic Pro 9Ex

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 02:59:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 02:59:36