Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Studio Version 2021.12.06

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2021 14:00 Edited at: 6th Dec 2021 14:01
A new version is available on Steam and TGC servers. Changes -

- Functions drop down list automatically updates to show which function you are working in.
- Android export App ID tooltip fixed.
- Using arrow keys no longer results in autocomplete appearing.
- JDK location can be specified in the export dialog.
- Autocomplete no longer appears when typing strings.
- Fixed code property types not reading or writing values.
- AAB export updated to ensure certain media is not compressed when the APK is delivered.
- Removed warning messages for deprecated commands such as EnableClearDepth and EnableClearColor.
- Updated documentation for the CreateMemblock command.
- IndexOf compiler error message updated.
- Fixed a memory leak caused by creating dynamic and kinematic bodies.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2021 21:40
I will say it with every update that it does not get addressed .... Fix the Refresh button! , Pleeeeease!
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2021 22:05
Fantastic, thank you!

The startup notification window for AppGameKit Studio is only used for adverts on TGC sales, is it possible for you to add AppGameKit Studio update notifications? I know I've missed these before when not following the forum.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2021 22:08 Edited at: 6th Dec 2021 23:04
Quote: "add AppGameKit Studio update notifications"

+1000 for a great idea

add: i think we used to have that in Classic?
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2021 23:17 Edited at: 6th Dec 2021 23:20
shouldn't Help's Change Log include ALL of the updates above vs just the core stuff?

IE: IDE Update missing:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2021 03:41
Yeah, app still crashing on broadcast.

No compiler errors or anything like that.

Still testing.
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
@Sh4d0xx What device are you broadcasting to? Did you encounter the same problems with previous versions of AppGameKit?
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2021 13:09 Edited at: 7th Dec 2021 13:10
Sh4d0xx is referencing this issue on the repo occurring on "multiple devices".

@Sh4d0xx, a small code example demonstrating the issue should help
Quote: "The way my App is built is that nothing is happening in the background until there is user input. "
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2021 15:46 Edited at: 7th Dec 2021 15:51
I cant get Studio to broadcast at all, Classic was also failing so I added the device IP and it worked but it did not work in Studio, Galaxy S10e using the phones shared hotspot, it fails on both IPv4 and IPv6, Both fail to broadcast to a local emulator, this used to work
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2021 18:24 Edited at: 7th Dec 2021 21:01
Broadcast is working OK for me with the TGC version. I'll try the steam version later tonight.

Update: So far broadcast is working on the TGC and Steam versions for me (Classic and Studio) using the October Android player.
Steve Ancell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2021 05:29
I'm unable to add media or scenes, it worked when I first got AGKS a couple of month back.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2021 12:34
Quote: "Update: So far broadcast is working on the TGC and Steam versions for me (Classic and Studio) using the October Android player."

Do me a favour, link your pc to your phones mobile hotspot and disconnect from your wifi hub, does it still broadcast??
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2021 13:52 Edited at: 10th Dec 2021 14:16
Quote: "I'm unable to add media or scenes,"

Yeah, there is still an issue with scenes

Edit: I tried manually adding the scene files to the project file in NPP but Studio just overwrites it and removes any scene references, and I am unable to add any further scenes to the project.

I deleted the "ide" folder in app data and it started working again, for about 5 minuets then is reverted to the same behaviour after saving and relaunching the IDE!
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2021 14:34
Update: I tracked down the exact cause....

Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2021 22:18
Good find!
Steve Ancell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2021 05:37
@PartTimeCoder

Yep! Unchecking the Remember Editor Tab Order option brought back the scene editor but the Scene1.scene file was still empty and refused to compile because it could not find Scene1_setup(). I did find afterwards that clicking the save button top-left of the scene editor populates the scene file.
I think I can live with that while the issue is being sorted.

Thanks for the info.
Steve Ancell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2021 05:43
Just have to be sure to click the scene editor's save button every time you make a change to the that particular scene.
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2021 09:19
@PartTimeCoder, sorry I have only just seen your message about the hotspot. I'll give it a try later.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2021 23:32
@Steve Ancell. yes you have to either add an object to the scene or save it manually with the secondary save button before Studio acknowledges its existence, until then its in a state of limbo even though the file does exists and contains data

@Zaxxan, lol no worries
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
XUTOMMY
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey there ,I can't add scene file to any projects after the update. Could anyone help ?
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 14:02
Thanks!
Regards Sph!nx
Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 17:07
@XUTOMMY. If you haven't already See above at PartTimeCoder's post with the video showing what to do about not seeing scene files in the projects. There is a bug in the Remember tab order setting that seems to mess with adding scene files showing up.
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2022 12:40 Edited at: 30th Jan 2022 12:41
AGK Studio has serious issues, and is completely dysfunctional on iOS.

(Don't even let me start with Amazon Kindle issues).

As it stands, the transporter uploader tool keeps failing to upload with the following errors being generated irrespective of what version of AppGameKit is used (Full error log):

---------------------------------
ERROR ITMS-90035: "Invalid Signature. Invalid Info.plist (plist or signature have been modified). The file at path [xxxxxxxxxxxxx] is not properly signed. Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). Additionally, make sure the bundle you are uploading was built using a Release target in Xcode, not a Simulator target. If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target. For more information, please consult https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/Security/Conceptual/CodeSigningGuide/Introduction/Introduction.html"

ERROR ITMS-90046: "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle's signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on iOS. Specifically, value '4245WA8N82.com.thegamecreators.agk2player' for key 'application-identifier' in 'Payload/xxxxxxxxxxxxx' is not supported. This value should be a string starting with your TEAMID, followed by a dot '.', followed by the bundle identifier."

ERROR ITMS-90163: "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. The entitlements in your app bundle signature do not match the ones that are contained in the provisioning profile. The bundle contains a key that is not included in the provisioning profile: 'com.apple.developer.networking.multicast' in 'Payload/xxxxxxxxxxxxx'."

ERROR ITMS-90164: "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. The entitlements in your app bundle signature do not match the ones that are contained in the provisioning profile. According to the provisioning profile, the bundle contains a key value that is not allowed: '4245WA8N82' for the key 'com.apple.developer.team-identifier' in 'Payload/xxxxxxxxxxxxx'."

ERROR ITMS-90164: "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. The entitlements in your app bundle signature do not match the ones that are contained in the provisioning profile. According to the provisioning profile, the bundle contains a key value that is not allowed: '4245WA8N82.com.thegamecreators.agk2player' for the key 'application-identifier' in 'Payload/xxxxxxxxxxxxx'."

ERROR ITMS-90164: "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. The entitlements in your app bundle signature do not match the ones that are contained in the provisioning profile. According to the provisioning profile, the bundle contains a key value that is not allowed: 'true' for the key 'get-task-allow' in 'Payload/xxxxxxxxxxxxx'."

ERROR ITMS-90179: "Invalid Code Signing. The executable 'Payload/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/Frameworks/SCSDKCoreKit.framework/SCSDKCoreKit' must be signed with the certificate that is contained in the provisioning profile."

ERROR ITMS-90179: "Invalid Code Signing. The executable 'Payload/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/Frameworks/SCSDKCreativeKit.framework/SCSDKCreativeKit' must be signed with the certificate that is contained in the provisioning profile."

ERROR ITMS-90179: "Invalid Code Signing. The executable 'Payload/xxxxxxxxxxxxx' must be signed with the certificate that is contained in the provisioning profile."

ERROR ITMS-90334: "Invalid Code Signature Identifier. The identifier "com.thegamecreators.agk2player" in your code signature for "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" must match its Bundle Identifier "com.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx""

WARNING ITMS-90901: "Missing full-screen support for the latest iPad mini display. The “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx” bundle includes UIRequiresFullScreen=YES in the Info.plist or supports only a subset of UISupportedInterfaceOrientations, and is built with the 14.5 SDK. To take advantage of the full screen size, recompile with Xcode 13 and the SDK for iPadOS 15 or later."
---------------------------------

Just a few things to add:

1) I'm not new to iOS export, and have followed all exporting procedures to the letter.

2) There is nothing wrong with my provisioning profile and certificate. I even created new ones just for the sake of fixing these issues to no avail.

3) I don't even touch XCODE while exporting the IPA seeing as this is Tier 1.

4) I'm using a BRAND NEW M1 Macbook system, which is dedicated to development. So there is no issue of me tinkering with the system to cause any of these errors.

5) 4245WA8N82.com.thegamecreators.agk2player ---- This is CLEARLY an issue which will result in an immediate rejection.

It is clear to me that AppGameKit Studio is just not doing what it should, and till this very moment, there are no solutions.

It goes beyond a nightmare to say the least.
StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2022 20:46 Edited at: 20th Mar 2022 00:13
I finally got the steam version to install
sorry. Please delete.
[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
[PKE] Of All The Things I\'ve Lost..[PKE]
[PKE] I Miss My Mind The Most! [PKE]
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
@StOrM3 - Is that version specific since you posted this in a build specific announcement thread? You've provided very little information to go on, including no example code. What do you mean by 'will not get the correct data'? I use the http command extensively and haven't run into such a problem, so it could be related to your code, whatever code is running on the server you are connecting to, or something else. If you need appending to a specific file, you should probably handle that yourself as the developer and with whatever staging, combining, or prioritizing you want to apply. Save the URL file to a temporary target, open it for reading, then open the one you want to append in another index to add/transfer the data you want.
StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2022 22:15
I'm having alot of error messages, which were NOT there at all in the windows version, but are now popping up in app game kit studio for mac... These are errors related to some functions, I mean ones related to commands that should NOT be throwing errors like Print(a string variable + " " + another string) and readline to try and read from textfiles which worked just fine, all the textfiles were created, code for the whole app, worked perfectly on windows, and now errors related to the functions to get a webpage, saving it to a textfile, using write and writeline etc.. it is all syntactically correct on windows. Is there differences, in the way you use the string functions, file functions, internet stuff, I mean is it different from the way you call functions in windows version versus the mac versions? Am I missing some include files or something? Also, it is just a zip file, so it doesn't really install properly, it just extracts to a folder, then I had to manually copy the agkstudio app to the apps folder, so I wasn't even able to get it to install the tier2 files, which I'm guessing will be much easier and error free way to port my application to the mac version. I do know C++ rather well so I'm up to converting the agk basic functions etc.. to C++, but I do need it to install the tier 2 files. I have followed the directions online and in the book I have for app game kit, along with any help I can find using google to try and get this done. The closest help I could find was info about just manually grabbing the *.a file to link to, the header fiiles, the example project to use and taking all of these files and putting them into my project folder, and setting up the files myself, and go from there..

I was just wondering if anyone else was having these problems like I am. Then I tried to install it via steam, thinking maybe it will install those file correctly, via the installer from steam. Problem is, steam is being a beep, it won't let me sign in without a code from steam guard, and I can't get it to send me the steam guard code, so I can sign in.

I wonder if you guys can create an installer for mac that fixes these issues. Especially the copying of tier2 files. When I try to do it inside agkstudio tools menu, the window that comes up tells me it can't find the tier2 files, and tells me to install them manually. I need an installer please that fixes this situation.

I am running monterey on my mac, have xcode 13.3 installed also. So there should be no problems whatsoever. Now I haven't paid my 99$ for my apple developer account yet, I didn't want to do it, until I could at lease verify it's working properly, then I will get my developer account so I can make the iPhone and Android versions of my application, placing them on the respective app stores.

I am lost, someone, anyone please help.

Thanks,

StOrM3

PS. This app is done and working perfectly on windows, so why is it so hard to get working on the mac version?

Thanks again for any and all help.
[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
[PKE] Of All The Things I\'ve Lost..[PKE]
[PKE] I Miss My Mind The Most! [PKE]
zzooida
Years of Service
User Offline
amazing

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:11:00
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:11:00