Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I NEED YOUR HELP!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey how you all doing? I read the book (User Manual) I still don't have a clue on what I am doing where too start what too start with etc. I am below Newbie. Can somebody please teach me this program? I really want too be a good programmer but I don't know where too start. I want too make some simple fun too play 2D games. Like the stuff people went for in the arcade days, those were great days gathering up your quaters,sipping a juicy juice, nawling on a candy bar. Oh wait I went off topic. Any way I don't want too make some high powered 3D game I want too make fun 2D games that only require 2 buttons and the standard arrow keys. I really want too do space shooters side scrolling. If any one here has AOL or AIM and can help me out please,please help me out my screen name is urbestfriend697 (i only have aim so if you e-mail that name i wont receive it.)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2003 02:05
Shadow That Walks
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok cool thanks.
Alastair Zotos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2003 02:28
the manual is complicated, you should start with simple things like text and stuff, check the examples page, go to the help thingie on darkbasic and then examples and find whatever you want, email me if you like, make the subject on the email thingy, "HELP!!!"
my e mail is
anacondaentertainment@hotmail.com

fart like you've never farted before!!!
(five seconds later)
Dude that stinks!!! get out of my house!
Shadow That Walks
Years of Service
User Offline
I just want too say thanks. I am gonna try all your ideas see what happens too me. Ya know last night I thought I spent money for this program. Why should I settle for just 2D? So I am going too master 2D and work at this program language til I have so many commands memorized. Then in 5 yrs when I hope too be atleast that good with this program. I will try too make something real special. So thanks every body for helping me get started.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2003 21:44
5 Years should be plenty of time

Dont forget to Join the Forums!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 13:37:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 13:37:23