Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Doesn't work on iPhone

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2021 19:45 Edited at: 29th Jan 2022 09:52
AGK Player does not give problems, but it does not work in TestFlight and of course, they do not let you publish for iPhone since any program you try to put crashes immediately. Tested from ios 15.1 / 15.2 iPhone 12 and 13.
The same in ios 15.3

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Furord
Years of Service
User Offline
Video in which I show the problem, I hope it will be useful to solve the failure. All the best

Furord
Years of Service
User Offline
I am still waiting for a solution. Aside from a conversation on github that didn't result in anything, I haven't heard from anyone responsible. I would like to know if this is being worked on, if it is a specific error and it only happens to me or what is happening. My program is commercial and they already ask me for responsibilities, the only thing I want is to know if this is going to be corrected or if it is better if I do everything again in another system. All the best
sedrok
Years of Service
User Offline
try to write at the top of app

#renderer 'Basic'

this will force to use opengl
sedrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2022 12:17 Edited at: 29th Jan 2022 12:18
please write result
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2022 12:20 Edited at: 30th Jan 2022 12:21
I'm having serious iOS publishing problems too.

There is a difference from something being buggy and being completely dysfunctional.

AGK (all versions) are completely dysfunctional as it stands.

It simply CANNOT export to iOS.

And reporting the issue on GITHUB does not result in any solutions whatsoever.
Furord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2022 10:07 Edited at: 31st Jan 2022 11:16
Thanks sedrok, I did it, the same result you can see in the video, the app closes on the spot.
Sh4d0xx, I have the program uploaded to ios a year ago and updated several times, but now with the same computer it won't let me update or use new programs, it lets me upload it but they just close and none of them work, I use a MacBook Air with M1 chip with the operating system updated to the latest version and I test it with several mobiles. The curious thing is that testing it with AppGameKit Player works perfectly.
Latest tests carried out with macOS Monterey 12.2 and IOS 15.3
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2022 14:45 Edited at: 31st Jan 2022 14:48
@Furord this is the same problem I have.

I cannot even update my existing app on the app store which is a really suspicious thing. The transporter keeps rejecting my IPA file.

The problem is AppGameKit studio no doubt.

I also tried uploading an IPA make with AppGameKit Classic, and it was the same issue.

So as it stands, AppGameKit (all versions) cannot even do what it says on the Tin.

With no word from the creators, there is no guarantee this issue will get resolved anytime soon.
Furord
Years of Service
User Offline
hello Sha4d0xx, the transporter lets me upload the application, it is when I try it with TestFlight that it closes without further ado. Waiting for them to update and fix something, but since they don't show any signs of life, it's very frustrating. All the best
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2022 01:08
@Furord Then it means you're lucky. I sadly don't even get as far as a successful upload.

I initially thought it was a problem of regarding certificates and provisioning, but it definitely isn't.

I will try again tonight, or should I say this morning as I have not slept for a while concerning this issue LOL
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
@Sh4d0xx Please check your app capabilities/ID and see whether Multicast Networking is enabled. If it is enabled you need to turn it off and then update your certificates.

@Furord There's no obvious explanation for the app crashing on launch. Can you post a screenshot of your export dialog in case something like Firebase is enabled and is causing complications. Have you been able to invite other people to test your app and discover if they get a crash on startup too? Can you try using external testing on TestFlight and share a link? Have you checked Xcode to see if there are any crash logs for your app? If you can get access to a log it might explain exactly what is happening.
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
What I do is I uninstall app game kit player, then reinstall it on my phone.

I use the game player that comes with appgamekit in the

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK2\Players\Android folder

I put this on my phone to reienstall every time it get updated then it stops working, it happens about once a week.

For some reason

Appgamekit classic does not work with studio and vice versa.
Furord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2022 18:16 Edited at: 1st Feb 2022 18:19
Hello Orviliano, in the video you can see everything that happens when compiling and uploading the application, there are no signs or anything that suggests that something is wrong. It has been tested with TestFlight on multiple devices and I also received an email from Apple saying that the app is not working and that I should try to fix it. I don't use Xcode as everything is at level 1, the app is working on the app store, the last update was about 9 months ago.
It's not just my app that crashes, everything crashes, even the startup example that only shows frames per second crashes immediately, closing the program without any information.
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
@Furord Please check Xcode and see whether it contains any useful information. Launch it, then go to the Xcode menu and select Preferences. Tap on the Accounts button. Enter your Apple ID. Next go to the Window menu and select Organizer. At the top left you should see a drop down list of your app. Select your app from here and then beneath click on the Crashes section in the reports listing. Does anything appear in the crash section?
sedrok
Years of Service
User Offline
android apk is zip file - and appgamekit studio just put new bytecode inside.

maybe with ios file can make the same- unzip AppGameKit Player (which is working fine) and put new bytecode inside and then zip it up.

no?
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2022 16:18
@orvillian many thanks for the tip. I will try this tonight and update you with the results. If I can, I will do a screen recording of it.

Thanks for the help.
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2022 16:35
@orvillian I just logged into my apple developer account, and cannot see any toggle for Multicast Networking. There is nothing here that suggests I can amend that.

This is under the Capabilities section. I simply cannot see Multicast networking on the list.
Furord
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Thank you very much Orviliano, when trying to do what you have told me (which I would never do) I have realized an error with Xcode, a reinstallation has been the solution, I have been with this for a month and the solution was a reinstallation of Xcode. Currently pending verification by apple, tests with TestFlight have been positive, sorry for the inconvenience. All the best
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
@Furord Pleased to hear reinstalling Xcode fixed things for you.

@Sh4d0xx I will check as soon as I can to see where this setting is controlled.
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
@Sh4d0xx After you have exported an IPA please check its contents and send me the info.plist file via email.
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2022 19:43
@orvillian . . . This is T1....
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2022 19:53

IT WORKED IT WORKED IT WORKED IT WORKED THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU OH MY OH MY! @Orvillian

First Successful upload after a spinal operation lol
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2022 20:23
Ok, I've successfully uploaded but then there is the issue of the app icon.

It seems AppGameKit Studio is not building the iPA with the custom icon I have selected. It seems to still have the default AppGameKit icon.

My icon is 1024 x 1024.

Any ideas what the issue could be ?

Thanks
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
@Sh4d0xx Glad the upload is now working. Yours is the second report of the icon not being used. Not able to replicate this yet. I'm looking into it.
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2022 10:07
No problem @Orvillian and thanks for that.

Yes, the icon does not seem to work on Both AppGameKit 2 and AppGameKit S.

But uploads are working after a battle with certificates and provisioning profiles.

The fact is that Apple need to rethink their CUMBERSOME submission process. IT IS A PILE.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 18:14:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 18:14:37