Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / base resolution

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When I create a scene for a phone resolution there are these two orange lines dividing the screen area. The 0,0 origin point is at "A", What i want is the 0,0 origin to be at "B" and the lines at "C" to be not there.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2022 20:16
Is this a sprite or drawn on screen or what? What's your code?
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2022 18:17
They're orange, so they're not physics walls. It's something Syndu Is doing himself but unless he shows the code then nobody is going to be able to help no matter how willing we are.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2022 19:22
There is no code, that's the scene editor, Syndu has set a base resolution and then selected a screen size different to the base res, the inner square is the base res and the outer square is the selected res, these are drawn as guides

Select or set the required base resolution and the inner lines will go away
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2022 20:34
Yep PTC is exactly right, its kinda handy to be honest. I've used it for things completely separate from programming. Can set the base, and then by clicking through the different devices can see how the black bars will look.

In this screenshot the base is 1027x768 and can see the difference with 1280x720.

I'm sure theres lots of things that do this, its funny how I end up with quirky workflows for different things...
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2022 02:15
i've change the thread title from "Probably a simple" (?) to something useful...
Syndu
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you so much, checking the base resolution removed the lines and reset origin to upper left.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:22:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:22:13