Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Possible with AGK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
HI,

i´m thinking to switch from BMax to AppGameKit, but i have a question to the feature of that?
Is it possible to write a game like Darkorbit with AppGameKit?
That means with networking client / Server ?
Database like Mysql ?
InApppurchase like Paypal and so on...
Or ist there a better alternate to AppGameKit ??
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2022 09:26
I am not sure about real time networking in HTML5 I think there are some restrictions but certainly everything else is possible, if you are thinking a desktop or mobile type of DarkOrbit then sure its possible with enough effort

There is no direct MySql support but there is async HTTP commands so its the next best thing you just have to write your own database access API which is easy enough with a little PHP

there is IAP libs for Android and IOS but again if your are exporting to desktop or HTML5 then you will need to code your own.

Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
zxretrosoft
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2022 22:21
What is BMax?
I am sorry for poor English
JosephB
Years of Service
User Offline
Probably BlitzMax.
Steve Ancell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2022 14:51
Yeah, definitely BMax is BlitzMax.
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2022 16:12
I've never used Blitzmax but have used Blitz3D . I really like AppGameKit Studio and have tried a few different languages over the last few years and I was finding it hard to find something better . The more I learn about AppGameKit Studio the more possibilities
I realize . I think TGC should market AppGameKit as a very good language for games and also good for other projects. BlitzMax is probably very good but not what I would call current although some coders are doing updates for it but not officially .
I would say give AGKS a go and see what you think . I think Bmax is oop and AGKS is a procedural language . I really hate oop and will be sticking to AppGameKit for the foreseeable future. It's available on Steam right now for £19.74 which I think is a really good price. Not sure what the price is right now on TGC website .
JohnD99
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, it's definitely possible to connect to a database, webpage for paypal purchases etc. since you can share variables with javascript, set cookies, make http calls (asynchronously) and open web pages. UDP connections I haven't tried in HTML5 (do they work?)... Honestly though HTML5 has always been a bit of a red-headed stepchild for the AGKs.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:56:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:56:20