Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Video to TV

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2003 03:39
Greetings;

I'm trying to set up the TV to display the Times Square new year's festival in time for-- well, that's obvious. Anyways, I've got my computer hooked up to the TV (thanks to my Radeon), and I can get to the EarthCam site where they have six cameras updating once every second. It's pretty nice, but there's a seventh camera that updates in real-time (streaming video) which I highly prefer.

Problem is that one dosen't export to the TV display property. I'm fairly sure this is the same thing as the difficulty one runs into when trying to copy screens from a DVD display. While the latter can be circumvented, however, I am doubtful that it's possible to either change the method of video capture used by my card, or or alter the connection used to the webcam (apparently the page is the only way).

The live webcam is at http://media.fastclick.net/w/get.media?sid=10412&m=1&d=f&v=1.0c&t=s&pageid=1.

Any ideas before New Years swings around? Thanks

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

I am the chainsaw paladin.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2003 04:03
well if you have a DVI socket (SVHS-i) you can just connect directly upto your TV and use it as a monitor to display whats on your screen... by placing your Video/DvD Recorder in the loop before hand just like a TV Areial you can then record it directly.

if you don't move your screen and use the screen area -> fullscreen utility in Accessability (if you've installed it) then you can export an area fullscreen.

not tried it with Radeon's for a long time, but GeForce's nView has a section specifically for doing this. Especially as the entire FX range has a DVI out socket (most just don't do DVI in) and the MV-Ex chip is a very very good one.

been using it alot because you have to have video portfolios on VHS NTSC rather than DvD (which is bloody annoying)

Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine!
900mhz|256mb|FX5200Ti 52.16|Dx9|WXP-Pro
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2003 04:54
Yes, I have DVI out and that's what I'm using, and the whole screen exports except for the streaming video. Try hooking up your TV to your computer while you're playing a DVD (in your computer) and you'll see what I mean. Copy protection. Happens with this video too

mm0zct
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2003 20:51
Most videos do it, even to a second monitor, never mind a tv.
And that link of yours it to a ramdom popup/advert page so i can't work on ways to get around it cause i don't know what you're trying to view.
However i have discovered that when you run a video that doesn't normally show in a different monitor/tv it views on all when i have it as the intro for a game made with "the3dgamemaker", that's one way to get aroung copy protection like that if it's avi.

http://www.larinar.tk
AMD athlon thoroughbred 2200, 512Mb ram, 40Gb HD, ati saphire radeon 9600 atlantis w/128mb ddr ram, good creative-labs soundcard, cd-rw + dvd drives.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2003 21:10
works fine for me mouse, it's how i've exported most of my DvD's onto VHS as i didn't get a DvD + VCR combo til recently.
your card has to capture the DirectX layer if your using Windows, but if your using MacOS or Linux then it should export fine regardless.

I think it's more that my GeForce card doesn't actually export the screen software wise, but it's all done in direct hardware so it exports the render cache rather than the screen buffer.
you could ask one of your mates see if they have a geforce...

that aside there are several screen capture utilities suchas ScreenCaptureDx and such which export directly through.
there is an old topic i made about capturing ingame footage, can't remember the title but everyone posted some good software in that ^_^

Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine!
900mhz|256mb|FX5200Ti 52.16|Dx9|WXP-Pro
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2003 22:36
Sorry about the bad link .

I know there are proper DirectX capture utilities I could use, but the point is I need to get this exporting to the TV, in real time.

Here's the real page: http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/ts/

the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2003 23:24
Try turning hardware acceleration off in media player options. Shouldn't use directx then and may work.

dbpro : 2ghz p4m : 512mb : geforce 4 4200 go
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2004 00:41
But I'm not using a media player, I can only view it from that page, as I said above .

I guess I won't be able to do it then

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2004 00:46
poor mousey

I am mischeivious
RoooooOoooooKoooooKoooooRoooooOoooooKoooooKooooo!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:26:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:26:54