Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / GetPointerPressed on Android does not work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This worked before no problem

Now, if I add GetPointerPressed on my phone it does nothing. on my pc it works fine.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2022 07:10
It works perfectly.
If you show me your code, I can point out what you are doing wrong.
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2022 08:49 Edited at: 28th Jan 2022 08:54
Ok This is just a basic regular easy menu set up

I do not see any problems, it is odd because this worked on my phone last week.

Note: When I take out GetPointerPressed() it works, but I need it to only load when the pointer is pressed.

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2022 12:58
That's quite a lot of code to debug when it can't be run without the media, so help me out:
Which of the seven instances of GetPointerPressed() do you think isn't working?
What are you expecting to happen?
What does happen?
What happens when you remove GetPointerPressed() ? and which one are you removing?
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
HI

Ok, So when I Press on play game on my phone it does not do anything. That would be the this code here.

When I just say this

if HitPlay=1 and Wrote_Name>4 and Options=0

My game loads just fine..

So in conclusion GetPointerPressed() has stopped working on my phone, or it could be app game kit player

I noticed it has been having problems , not starting, crashing and other stuff. I have to delete it then reinstall it all the time.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2022 16:43 Edited at: 28th Jan 2022 16:44
As I said, it's very difficult to test it when I can't compile it but my first thought would be that there may be an issue with the multiple calls for the pointer condition/position.
You are doing this at the start:

So, I would suggest using those variables in place of all the other calls to those commands later in the code and see if that helps.
But I seriously doubt this is an error with AppGameKit since of all the 1000's of AppGameKit users, you are the only one with this issue.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2022 20:07
You only sync when HitOptionsimg=1. It's a guess but i would remove that condition (just as a test and see if it works) because getpointerpressed() will only register if you sync().
I think it may not be working because of differences in resolution between your device and your PC
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "But I seriously doubt this is an error with AppGameKit since of all the 1000's of AppGameKit users, you are the only one with this issue."

Well I do not know, On my pc My guns in my game never delete, not once. They all are created and fine, but on your pc and another they delete for some strange reason. My point is It might not be app game kit at all.

It might be the device or like I stated app game player its self.

Quote: "I think it may not be working because of differences in resolution between your device and your PC"

I considered this myself but then, The img changes color when my cursor touches the image and also the sound plays.

If I find reason I will post it just to let you gentleman know.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:26:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:26:33