Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP] Platform Game (early test)

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2022 19:24
I just wanted to share an early test of a platformer game I am putting together. It's an "old-school" type platform game with easy controls and simple ideas. I hadn't used the built-in scene editor in AppGameKit Studio before (I always tend to build my own level editors) but I've become a real fan. This whole test level design has been put together using the scene editor and it will make future level creation soooo much easier. It has multiple levels of parallax scrolling and some other cool features.

All of the media is placeholders for now just to get the mechanics working so most of it will probably change. If I can keep the controls to a minimum it may be released for mobile as well as PC. It currently runs nice and quickly on Android so I'm pleased with that.

As I say, it's in the very early stages right now - just to see if it will work.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2022 20:15
Looking good. Nice work.
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2022 23:08
@Zappo, that looks amazing. I would love to write a platform game myself one day.
ReFure
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK
Posted: 3rd Apr 2022 13:43
Great work so far!
Steve Ancell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2022 09:11
Those is some nice graphics.
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2022 00:45
Thanks everyone. I have done some more work on it and added a bit of a puzzle element. You now have to collect batteries to activate moving platforms. Still need to add some more mechanics and then start designing lots of levels
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2022 13:49
Here is an updated version. It can dynamically load levels as required now and there are a few more features. I've added custom on-screen controls for playing on mobile devices as well as support for keyboard and joysticks. The recorded framerate doesn't match the game's framerate so it looks a little jerky but it actually plays really smooth.

It's still early days and things like the collision detection needs to be tweaked, but it's quite playable and works pretty well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:33:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:33:49