Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Privacy Policy advice

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2022 17:34 Edited at: 31st Mar 2022 19:57
I'm at a point where I am ready ready to publish several games to the Google Play Store. The last hurdle I have to get over is the creation of a Privacy Policy. I have looked at the free online policy creators but after entering all of the details requested they then want to charge extra for policies that include GDPR etc.

My games don't collect any data but they do show ads and there will be a support email address so if I am contacted I would be collecting data at this point I assume.

I just want a policy that satisfies google and any legal requirements.

I'm finding this part of publishing a game a bit of a nightmare to be honest.

Any advice to get me across the finish line would be greatly appreciated.
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2022 12:09 Edited at: 1st Apr 2022 12:11
Has anyone actually created a privacy policy or am I asking in the wrong place? I was assuming that there would be a few AppGameKit developers that had released their apps onto the play store, I might be wrong though lol.
jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2022 23:36
I ended up sticking a "One Tree Hill Studios makes to warrantees or guarantees with use of this software" (or something like that) in just to have a bit of a cover-your-behind in there somewhere. If there is a standard long-form legalese we could all use would be nice to find out.
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2022 13:44
Ok thanks. I think I'm going to try and use one of the free for now and if the apps start to make money then pay for a full one later.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:03:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:03:03