Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Shader Pack issue with textures that have transparent area in them

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2022 00:01
The object I experimenting with is a single model but contains multiple meshes that have there own textures.
I tested with using appgamekit's built in functions to set the meshes image and normal maps and everything
seems to work the way they should.

After looking through the shader pack's examples as the documentation doesn't really tell much. I setup the scene
without changing the meshes texture adding functions and everything works as did before. But when I change one
of the meshes which is the floor to add a specular map from the shader pack using SP_Specular_AddMesh() that's
when my problem happens.

Basically any texture applied to other meshes that have any transparent area draw with a colored background making
them look bad.

I'm not even calling any shader pack function on this mesh and it looses the transparent areas.

Any help would be appreciated.

What I'm trying to do is get specular applied to objects and meshes using agk lighting so shadows remain. Shader pack seems
to be the only thing I've found that had this ability but transparency becomes a problem.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2022 15:19
Can you try SetObjectAlphaMask maybe ?
The specular shader alone does not alter the alpha channel, it just gets the alpha from the texture and passes it on.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:56:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:56:23