Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Publishing To Valve's Steam Game Client?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2022 00:27
Hi,

Are there instructions somewhere on how to publish an AppGameKit game to Steam?
We already signed up as a Steam developer and paid the $100 fee for the game.
We should hear back with approval from Valve this week.
Just wondering if there was some AppGameKit specific instructions somewhere?
Let me know, thanks!

Jesse
JeZxLee
Fallen Angel Software
Video Game Design Studio
http://www.FallenAngelSoftware.com
jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2022 01:40
If your first product upload, there is a lot of Steam store front things you will need to do in terms of graphics and stuff, but nothing directly related to AGK. To over simplify it - there is a pipeline that will see you setup a Depot which you then assign Builds to. A Build is a zip file containing the EXE and Media folder from your AppGameKit project.

My first build I used the command-based Steam Works SDK. Since then all my uploads have been directly through the website. I think the SDK was required for first build but can't really remember those details I'm sure you will figure it out.

Good luck!

Check out Automation on Steam now
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1698690/Automation/
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2022 14:48
I still use the runbuild.bat (command line) when I update my game on Steam because it's just so easy. You copy the contents of your game into a specific folder and run the .bat file.

For a first time release, most of the original Steam video tutorials are a little outdated, but still useful.
I just found a recent video using the GUI to upload the builds:

The Steamworks App and Store Admin pages are pretty self-explanatory and easy to set up. However, there are a lot of graphical elements you'll need to create.
Don't forget to create trading cards and emoticons as well. Many players will buy your game for that alone (if it's cheap enough).

PSY

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:30:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:30:34