Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / iOS App Store Screenshots (Tier 1)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2022 14:38
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew a workaround to get screenshots for the iOS App Store for an app made with AGKS Tier 1 ?

This is regarding submitting an app and meeting the submission requirements of the App Store to have screenshots for the different screen sizes if you don't have all those devices.

Basically a T1 solution where I can simulate the app in a certain screen size and capture the screenshot according to the required resolution.

Cheers

Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2022 00:35
I just use Photoshop to resize screenshots to the correct size for each device. There are several websites showing the required sizes, such as this one:
https://appradar.com/blog/ios-app-screenshot-sizes-and-guidelines-for-the-apple-app-store

You don't need to make screenshots for them all as it will automatically duplicate them for certain devices if you don't upload specific ones. I think these are the ones you definitely need (but double check to be sure):

5.5 inch = 1242 x 2208
6.5 inch = 1284 x 2778
12.9 inch = 2048 x 2732
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2022 15:35
@Zappo thank you so much for this.

Yes these are the sizes needed. So what would you say was the best way to get these screenshots if I don't have an iPhone ? I have iPad Air.
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2022 15:36
Truth is that I did resize the screenshots, but my app was rejected on that basis.
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2022 23:42
I only have one Apple mobile device too so I have to create the screenshots in PhotoShop. I tend to take screenshots on my Android device (or occasionally on Windows) and resize them to smallest side, then give it black borders to fill out to the required size. That's how I make my apps - to have black borders on screens that have a different ratio. Ensure you keep the aspect ratio or it will look faked.

I've never had any rejected by Apple as long as they are high quality and will look just how they do on the real devices.
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2022 02:27
THANKS A LOT. IT Worked! LOL

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:20:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:20:06