Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How to make an enemy run off a roof

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've noticed enemies come with a built-in sense of self preservation. I wanted to have one run off a roof down to the layer below and charge at the player. So far everything results in the enemy charging towards the edge and stopping before they fall.

Here's what I've tried:
* A waypoint that stops just past the edge in mid air
* A waypoint path that continues down to the next level
* Different surfaces at the edge in case there was something I couldn't see blocking their path

Is anyone able to help?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2022 16:56
Ansy123 Yep, the npc's are doing exactly what they are suppose to do. Lol
The engine looks for solid segments under the npc for them to walk on. We had a lot of issue with characters sinking into the floor way too often.
This has all been fix now, but as you can see, they stop at edges. Here's something that might work for you? ( maybe not sure )
Make or place a slope, steps, or anything like that angled downward from the top area ( entity or segments, doesn't matter. It's all trial and error )
Placing waypoints may or may not help ? But, use a transparent texture for these. This way they have a segment floor that leads to the player below.

** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:42:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:42:07