Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Synergy Compile .exe filename problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2022 09:45 Edited at: 15th Jun 2022 23:14
I can't seem to get the Compiler to save the .exe file as a NEW name.
Windows 8.1, Synergy IDE ver 1.1, DBPro.
I save the source as test-95.
I save the project as test-95.
Both save just fine.
Then I press F5, compiles and runs fine, I exit program.
The .exe file is version test-91 from a year ago when I last worked on it, with a date from a minute ago.
Where it's pulling the test-91 version from I haven't a clue.
I've gone into Synergy/Tools menu/Options/Default Values
and under Filename entered test-95.exe
Maybe I've forgotten where to set the output.exe filename?
Help?!
BillR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2022 01:41
I'm glad lots of you are looking at my problem, Thank you!
I'm also hoping ALL of you are saving Revision versions of your source files such as -1, -2, or whatever method you choose.
While computers are more stable these days, fewer crashes etc., loss of source code changes is always painful!
So, if you don't save revision versions now, please start, it's the sign of good coding habits!
As your revision source files grow you can always drag them into a backup folder. Source file are very small. Always good to have a history of changes.

While I can Rename the Wrongly named -91.EXE filename Synergy is saving out currently to -95.exe,
I would REALLY like to find out WHY, or WHERE it is getting the year old -91 filename from!
I had just 'saved as' the source to -95 as well as the project to -95, and still the .exe is -91, doesn't make sense to me.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 21st Jun 2022 14:39
yeah thanks for the obvious tips, as a programmer of over 40 years think I'm well versed with such matters. you can't even fix a simple issue with the editor. signed a scientific genius
Pro Programmer / Data Scientist, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2022 07:37
Hi, you are setting the filename to the options/default values, and you are making a new project ,right? If you have opened or copied an existing project and renamed the source and editor files, you also need to set the exe filename in the project properties panel, otherwise it keeps the old filename.
If that's not the case, it could be a windows 8 problem? I had problems working with windows 8 with opening or saving directly files from the editor occasionally.
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2022 15:13
The exe name is nothing to do with the filenames of your source code. The exe name is set using the properties grid within the editor.
Synergy Editor - Available for free HERE!
Automate your home!
BillR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2022 01:56
John Y, Thank You for responding,

I'm using...
Synergy v1.1 build Dec.12 2013
Tools/Options/Default Values/Filename
For my desired filename.exe output name

I've looked for the 'properties grid' within the editor that you mentioned,
can't find it, unless what I found is what you are talking about.

When I put a name in the Filename position it is NOT used.
Help?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:11:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:11:12