Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Feature Request (tokens with custom properties)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2022 07:53 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2022 07:58
I intend on doing a game where the player can wander from room to room. I want a way of putting a token that holds information on which room to go to in the scene editor, the same way we would place a sprite but based on a custom type instead. Sort of the same way you would go from screen to screen in Jet Set Willy, I also want these tokens to serve as a teleport and starting point for the player, and any other reason that springs to mind, as well as room to room. I also want these tokens to be resizable where needed.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Steve Ancell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2022 07:56 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2022 08:01
I know can do this by hand coding it but want to do it with the scene editor for rapid building of the levels or rooms, and I don't really want to go through the trouble of having to make a custom level editor in Visual C# Winforms.
jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2022 22:51
The limitation with scenes is that you would need to have code where each scene name gets called for Cleanup(), Setup(), and Sync() and I don't think you can get away from that.

I am probably misunderstanding here but can use a custom data type which contains the screen number, and that number then gets controlled by whatever game mechanics you have. Then a common spot in your code that checks the screen number and calls the name.
Check out Automation on Steam now
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1698690/Automation/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 06:16:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 06:16:10