Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Is it possible to display another application in an AGK app? Such as an IPTV application.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2022 12:43
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to display another application in an AppGameKit app? Ideally I want to display an IPTV app in a panel in my AppGameKit project, basically a 'Picture in Picture' window where a streaming TV window can be displayed within my project.

There seems very little response to posts regarding streaming video or displaying other apps in AppGameKit apps so please any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers all,

Rudders
Carharttguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2022 11:16
No, that's not possible.

You could just stream the IPTV stream to your AppGameKit app via sockets, render the image to a sprite and show it that way.
Carharttguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2022 11:16
No, that's not possible.

You could just stream the IPTV stream to your AppGameKit app via sockets, render the image to a sprite and show it that way.
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2022 21:19
The short answer is no. But the long answer is yes with a great deal of work and or knowledge. This can be achieved with a plugin that you would have to write. You could also quite literally stream video into agk through a socket udp connection, but you might have to have a background server to help. Alternatively for a poor slow framerate you can create a load /delete image src, And or read to a vid file that is also being written to. I was able to stream video into darkbasic using windows dll that could be manually loaded but agk basic t1 doesnt have that ability.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 08:45:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 08:45:36