Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Is there any IDE or editor with syntax highlighting and help files I can run on my phone? Don't need to compile and run, just wanting to be able to edit code with syntax highlighting and help files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2022 16:53
I realize this is very much a long shot and the answers probably no, but figure it can't hurt to ask.

While at work, I often have stretches of down time I'd like to use to work on some code, but I can't have a laptop or computer with me. What I DO have is my phone. I realize there's not going to be a way to actually RUN anything I write on my phone, but that's fine. What I'm looking for is a way to simply create and edit code on my phone while still the syntax highlighting and built in help files.

And yes, I realize I could use literally any text program or Google docs or whatever else, but that wouldn't have syntax highlighting or the help files. Ideally I'd like to find a way to write code from my phone that would allow me to have both of those features.

Is there any kind of program or app or website that would allow me to do this?
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2022 15:14
For DBP specific highlighting you will struggle outside of the Windows based editors that exist. I think your best bet is an internet facing virtual machine (VM) that you can install an editor on, and then connect to via your phone.
Synergy Editor - Available for free HERE!
Automate your home!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2022 19:04
Could write a web-based editor. The problem is the DB language, the spaces in commands make it a pain in the butt to code a good highlighter. But it's doable, I made one in DBP itself.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda
Pixel-Perfect Collision

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:32:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:32:24