Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Apk cannot be created using agk studio,why??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2022 19:23 Edited at: 31st Jul 2022 12:03
When I use the same keystore file,(my "alias" and "alias ps" and "keystore ps" are correct.)
agk classic can create apk.
But agk studio can not,and tell me "Failed to sign APK,is your keystore password and alias correct?"
How should this problem be solved?
my jdk version is jdk8_8u331_windows_x64
---------------
edit 2022.07.31

When I reset the OS, the problem still exists
I have tried
1.use jdk_8u77(version 1.8.0_77), and use the keytool.exe of jdk_8u77 to create a keystore.
2.use default jdk(version 11.0.12) of android studio, and use the keytool.exe of default jdk to create a keystore.
2.use default jdk(version 11.0.12) of android studio, and use AppGameKit studio to create a keystore.

If I change “APK TYPE” to “Google App bundle” can create an AAB.(but still tell me "Failed to sign APK,is your keystore password and alias correct?")

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SomeOldDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2022 01:03 Edited at: 6th Sep 2022 01:21
Stupid question: Why is your Output File Location on the D: drive? Are you trying to burn it to a CD or do you have a second hard drive or other partition? Off the bat, it looks to me like you're trying to burn it to a disk, but maybe AppGameKit isn't rigged to do that. I could be completely wrong. If that's the case, I'd output to the C: drive and then use other means to burn it to a disk.

I realize this doesn't sound like it's really related to what you're describing... but in my experience with programming, you can run into really dumb problems for really dumb reasons. Just today I had my program fail because I renamed a few files, which should not have been a problem because all I was trying to do was get the program to COUNT the number of files in the directory! So sometimes you have to entertain some of the most innocuous solutions...
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2022 01:48
"Stupid question: Why is your Output File Location on the D: drive? ... I'd output to the C: drive..."

Not a stupid question at all. It's currently very common to have the OS on C: (preferably an SSD) and to have the rest of the apps, storage, etc on other drives/partitions.
LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
dandrews
Years of Service
User Offline
was this problem fixed ?
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2022 06:35 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2022 07:03
Quote: "was this problem fixed ?"

i dont think the problem in this instance was identified, but:

Quote: "jdk8_8u331_windows_x64"

doesn't sound right (i think that's runtime environment and not the required Java Development Kit).

it's been ~a year since JDK became required and JDK 17 was current at the time. i haven't had to revisit/think about setting up since then (and i've been exporting APK/AAB fine since including with later/current versions of Studio/Classic) but this was the go-to "guide" https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/227903#msg2666789 that most of us followed successfully.

i recall 1 on the forum or discord server having an issue with JDK 18 when it was released who reverted to 17 successfully and another who advised that OpenJDK did provide successful export but i haven't tested myself (again, i havent had the need).

and, i know there was some provision for JDK pathing issues re: "\bin" on non-WIN systems that weren't auto-detecting the path that involved a text file containing the path that was saved somewhere where studio could read it in but i don't readily see the post/advice; that would be worth a search if the steps outlined in the "guide" didn't get you up and running.

hopefully the "guide" and the above helps whomever needs it but i can assure you that some of us were and are exporting without issue (once we dialed in the set-up).

add:
this was the thread and dialogue for the initial studio release which brought JDK into the picture: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/227848 that may be worth your time.

there were subsequent updates re: JDK with orvillion's release announcements since along with a number of random threads created by users at the time (most of which i moved to the android board back then).

there may be more info about resolving any related issues some folks were experiencing scattered about, so... if you have the time, "good hunting" to you
dandrews
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you. I have a similar issue but usually mine just times out but in the folder where I set the APK to go there is a zip file I'm assuming is the unfinished result
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2022 15:50 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2022 15:57
Quote: "there is a zip file"

.apk is a "zip" file (same with .aab). are you sure it's a .zip file and not an .apk?

they might have the same icon since any zip program can open an .apk.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 05:03:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 05:03:38