Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] AGK Studio won't recognize media folder on a Mac

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm hoping someone can help with this. I've installed AppGameKit Studio on a Mac. It works but it will not compile. It says this "Err: The file “media” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." This is on blank new projects with only the Print( ScreenFPS() command. Anybody know what's wrong? Thanks.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2022 04:09 Edited at: 7th Aug 2022 04:12
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
i assume Mac is like Windows; it sounds like you don't have Write permission @ the project location on the HD.

can you run Studio as Administrator or create your project(s) in a location that you do have Write permission?

meanwhile, if it's an option for you, the AppGameKit Discord server may help resolve your issue sooner: https://discord.com/invite/vx46Ddb
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2022 08:16 Edited at: 7th Aug 2022 08:17
I've never experienced admin problems on a Mac, but try running this command in terminal and then running a project again:

sudo /Applications/AppGameKit\ Studio\ 2022.06.27.app/Contents/MacOS/AgkStudio

The bit in bold will have to be replaced with whatever your AppGameKit Studio application is called in the Applications folder, and use slashes before any spaces you might have in the application name.

Do you have multiple accounts on your Mac? And are you currently using a non admin account? If so this stackoverflow may help:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61257155/how-to-run-an-app-in-mac-os-always-as-administrator-like-in-windows

This wikihow page has pretty much the same information for running it from a non admin account, but in more detail:

https://www.wikihow.com/Open-Applications-With-Root-Privileges-on-a-Mac
udabudda
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you so much for your responses. I figured out the problem. I did not try discord, but I think it was related to permissions, even though this is a new Mac and I'm the only user. I discovered that when I tried to show test files in the finder, there was now response. Then I tried searching for them, and the did not show up. I'm not sure where AppGameKit was creating the files, but whereever it was, it was not working. I fixed it by manually deciding where it would create files, the desktop for test purposes. Now it works fine. Again, thank you for indulging a newby!
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2022 17:59 Edited at: 7th Aug 2022 17:59

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:31:00
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:31:00