Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / [SOLVED] Finished my game and unfortunately the nightmare begin..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2022 10:31
Hi all after a year my game is really close to be finished.
But I facing 2 big problems :

1) The game start ONLY in my PC (Intel core i3 quad cores, 8gb ram, AMD Radeon HD 7700)
Probably, at least is what I thinking about, the game working only on my PC cause my game know where are the DLLs.
in my game code I have never entered the location (path) of the various DLLs but probably somewhere my game, on my PC, knows where to find them.
I would just like to know how to include a path to a folder with all the DLLs used, obviously that folder must be inside the project folder.
In other words I would to put ALL my DarkBasic PRO DLLs into a folder inside my project folder and to know what I need to add in the code.

2) More or less 2 times out of 5 my game closes a few moments after starting. I have never been scared because I know that after one or two times it crashes, then it will start without problems but it starts to become an annoying problem.
It is probably related to the screen resolution or its settings.
In my code I only have these lines that configure the screen:
sync on: sync rate 0: autocam off
maximize window
All the rest of the configuration I set from the IDE (Synergy Editor) through the proprierties tab.
I have tried various resolutions, both fullscreen and windowed but the problem remains.

Thank you in advance!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2022 09:47
Hi, the program simply will not start? No error messages? It happens to me too, then i just add some dlls in the same folder where the exe is located. I am not sure if they are all required, just download the latest versions and place them in the folder.
msvcp71.dll
msvcr71.dll
msvcr100.dll
and i also include
d3dx9_31.dll
d3dx9_35.dll
I think that all of them are redistributables, so there will not be a problem to include them when you publish the game, but this needs to be checked anyway.
Another thing that makes the program not start at all (sometimes) is running a second dbpro project, compiled with a different dbpro version, but probably this is not the issue here.
I hope this helps.

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2022 13:05
Hi Dimis, and thank you for help! I will try to put in the project folder the libraries!
Sure is a system problem because this happen in different computers.

When I tried I will inform for the result!
meanwhile THANK YOI!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2022 01:30
If I remember correctly, the computer needs to specifically have DirectX 9c installed.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda
Pixel-Perfect Collision

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2022 10:14 Edited at: 5th Sep 2022 10:15
Hi Phaelax, sorry for late answer, I was without internet in these weeks.
unfortunately the problem persists and starts to be a bad problem (6/7 times out of 10 the game does not start). I updated the direct x but unfortunately the problem persists. Maybe visual studio should also be updated?

Today I will put the files adviced by Dimis
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2022 11:02
hello everyone.
I finally had time to put the various dll libraries recommended by Dimis but unfortunately the problem has not been solved.

I am using the sinergy IDE and when I start my game, 6 times out of 10, the game, in the first seconds of loading, when the program is configuring the resolution, closes. No mistakes, nothing at all.
I know that if I try and try again the game will finally load but this problem is starting to get serious, especially because my game is practically finished, after years of trying, and I am very sorry to see this problem.

The problem started slowly, more and more frequently as my game's lines of code increased.

I would also like to ask Dimis if he, in his code, has put any reference to the libraries placed where the exe is located

Please, addressed to everyone: help!
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2022 07:12 Edited at: 13th Sep 2022 21:24
- Have you tried to install all the visualC++ libraries? http://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/
- Have you tried to run it from the old IDE?
- Are you using this code at the top of your code in order to set the game resolution to the actual PC resolution in use?

- Did you upgrade DBP to new versions while developing the game? That's a bad move. I found out that several projects would not run properly anymore.
- Did you try to install and run DBP from C: directly? And run it from the old IDE?
- Have you checked the correct Paths in all the Launch.cfg files ?
- Have you tried different resolution project settings: Windowed Full Screen , Windowed Desktop etc.. ?

Just a few considerations. None of them may work.
Wish you good luck.
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2022 10:02
thanks Scorpyo your post is a glimpse in the dark! A lot of things to check and some more hope as I was getting a little discouraged.
I'll try point by point and let you know!
meanwhile REALLY thank you
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2022 19:25 Edited at: 13th Sep 2022 19:31
Ah, and I forgot to tell:
Check your RAM integrity.Including Graphic Card RAM.
Check if your RAM sticks are all of the exact same model.
Check their compatibilty with your Motherboard.
Check your hard Drives performance. There are free tools around for that.
Monitor System Temeratures.
Check if the MB battery is low.
Disable overclocking if any
I would also mention to slow down the RAM access time from BIOS but It's avery dangerous operation if you don't know what you're doing.
If it isn't a DBP issue, that's the tipical behaviuor related to hardware problems.
Cheers.
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2022 21:22 Edited at: 13th Sep 2022 21:22
One more tip:
Logoff the internet and switch off the antivirus. (and remember to switch it on again later on)
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2022 10:14
Scorpyo really thank you! I am doing all the test you adviced for and I already discover some issues (about my DBPro installation). But I want to finish ALL the test so I will expose here the results! (sorry for my rotten english)
Mage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2022 03:18
I have seen this kind of thing before.

Sometimes I'll make a simple app using Dark Basic Pro just because of how quick and accessible it is. I made an app that would sort pictures loose pictures in a picture folder into a new named dated folder so my mother could keep her pictures sorted. Windows Task Scheduler simply was set to run the app each day at a specific time. However the app didn't work. I had to gut the fancy interface and just have the raw functionality. It had problems even adding numbers together reliably.

The app worked perfectly on my developer PC, but on her laptop anything more than the simplest code would screw up. Even a hello world program.

Mage's Modular Code - Get awesome UI controls and powerful Bitmap Fonts!
Screen Device Recovery - Stop your apps from crashing when minimized/tabbed/screen locked.
CPU Friendly Frame Limiter - Make your app generate less computer heat + noise, and use less battery life!
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2022 13:23 Edited at: 19th Sep 2022 13:24
Hi Mage, I don't understand perfectly the point compared to my problem (my english is really weak and can't help me) could you explain me more simply?
Mage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2022 16:42
Simplified: I have had this problem too.

Screen Device Recovery - Stop your apps from crashing when minimized/tabbed/screen locked.
CPU Friendly Frame Limiter - Make your app generate less computer heat + noise, and use less battery life!
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2022 10:26
Mage and how you solved it??
Mage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2022 19:30 Edited at: 25th Sep 2022 19:35
I didn't. It was a low priority issue and I managed to strip the GUI out of the program so it operated on absolute minimum capacity without even drawing to screen. I even had to adjust some of the code because basic things like adding numbers wasn't working.

The program worked flawlessly on my AMD 9590FX desktop computer of the time, but did not operate correctly on my mother's AMD APU laptop. This was back in 2014. It also did work correctly on my core i7 2000 series laptop. My impression was that maybe it was a redistributables issue or maybe some sort of instruction set issue with the APU.

I may have missed installing the correct redistributables since there doesn't appear to be proper list posted anywhere. Though I did try some of the options I found at the time, and all of the DirectX9 redistributables.

@Scorpio recommends:
Have you tried to install all the visualC++ libraries? http://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2022 10:51
Thank you Mage. Now I understand well.
I think I will start a new win10 installation and I will reinstall DBP package. I think the real problem is in my actual DBPro installation (really kaotic installation)

Stay tuned please.
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2022 18:31
Guys Thank you all for immense support you gived me!

I am happy to tell you that I find a perfect solution and (I think) the best DB Pro solution (to use in a brand new pc with Direct x updated) :

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/228685

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2022 18:32 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2022 18:33
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Guys Thank you all for immense support you gived me!

I am happy to tell you that I find a perfect solution and (I think) the best DB Pro solution (to use in a brand new pc with Direct x updated) :

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/228685

(sorry for double post, can't delete the first)

Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2022 10:20
Finally. Good news.
Cheers
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2022 17:17
Hi Scorpyo!
unfortunately after my last update of windows 10 the problem of the MD5 file started ..

So I simply decided to format my disk, reinstall windows and redo ALL THE SAME THINGS of the last DBPro installation (following my same instructions) but unfortunately, the version 9ex no longer works..

I am trying everything but I can no longer find the configuration for which I have marked this thread as resolved.

Just I don't know what to think and what to do
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2022 18:16
That's really bad luck.
Don't know what to suggest further. Maybe try to run DBP under different compatibility windows modes i.e. Vista, Windows 8, XP Service pack 2, XP service pack 3.
Really don't know what to suggest. You have one way out tho, port everything to AppGameKit Studio. Tedious and lengthy but better than losing so much work.
Cheers.
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2022 20:10
Yeah scorpyo I'm wasting a lot of time unfortunately. I'm really dubious at this point too. If I can't get the 9ex version to work constantly and without any problem, my project will die (one year of programming ..) Meanwhile I'm continuing to try different ways but so far nothing yet.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 01:11:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 01:11:04