Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Updating keystore file fails

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2022 21:08
My keystore file seems out dated due to android sdk version 31 is being out there. I searched the forum and found that I have to use PEPK.jar tool.
So in command prompt, I typed;

New keystore file created successfully but when I export AppGameKit says this;

P.S. The encryptionkey is obtained from google and I have no idea what it is. Perhaps my name, country e.t.c.

I used keytool and also android studio and created new keystore files but then google said the SHA code is not correct after uploading my aab, I suspect I've forgotten the data when I first created the keystore file (name, occupation, country e.t.c.)

"For sdk version 31 there will be an update soon" says the forum.

Should I wait for it or what? I really do not want to get in these things just want to code my apps.

Thank for the help.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Arch-Ok
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2022 22:43
I opened the newly created (updated?) by PEPK.jar tool keystore file with the Keystore Explorer;

The only thing I made different is adding the keystore-pass to the command prompt in the single line, because if I do not enter that, the pepk asks for it and guess what, I can not type anything due to administration things. Couldn't solve that either so typed the password in the single line when I run "java -jar pepk.jar" from the command prompt.
Arch-Ok
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2022 00:04
Just try to follow the instructions and entering the password manually, I tried this but when it comes to enter the password, the keyboard stops typing just the return key works. And I tried to stop this but no chance. And I am not even sure if I'd be able to type the password then the keystore file updates. exhausting...

Arch-Ok
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2022 00:27
I tried another console app but again, when it comes for password entry, the keyboard simply does not respond...

Arch-Ok
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2022 08:33 Edited at: 21st Aug 2022 08:41
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18307829/cmd-prompt-not-detecting-keyboard-input
lol, it seems that the cmd just does not print anything but recieves the keystorkes. You just do not see what you type in. Just perfect lol!
But the main problem persists. The newly created keystore file is not accepted by agk. And I do not feel like I have to interfere these kinds of problems. I'll wait the update for Andorid 12 update of AGK.

just look at here, I really do not want to dive in!

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/azure_connector_scm/en/index.html#page/thingworx_scm_azure/azure_connector/c_azure_trbl_input_stream_getlength_too_big.html
Arch-Ok
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2022 10:26
anyways I tried everything -yes still trying lol-
if I overcome this issue of mine or agk gets updated for newer Android SDK's. my new game would be;
Arch-Ok
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2022 12:57 Edited at: 21st Aug 2022 13:57
I have created a new certificate and downloaded it and imported it into my old keystore file, agk exported without a problem but the play store still says the target sdk is low. So I will wait the update of AGK.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:19:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:19:30