Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / EZ_Subs [Subimage Tool]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2022 21:31 Edited at: 13th Sep 2022 21:39
hey, all.

i've written a small tool for windows for the AGK App Jam that may be useful to you where you can load an image, Define SubImages and Save as subimages.txt files, Preview each as an Animation, Slice SubImages as their own .png files or Dice each tile or frame of a given SubImage similarly.

an image with an already-defined subimages.txt file can also be loaded in and further Edited with the existing SubImage data pre-populated.

visit my itch.io page HERE to see the short .gif demo and download the zip which includes a User Guide to get you started.

i hope that you find it useful and appreciate any feedback with it in the mind that it's to be a "light" development tool with room for expansion in functionality. while i have some additional features in mind, any suggestions are appreciated.

enjoy!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 13th Sep 2022 23:53
Looks great Nomad. The selection naming particularly useful, the only thing I noticed, with the cropping sometimes it can prove
troublesome with other processes and I wonder if the 'resizeimage()' built in function could be of use. Mind you i'm still yet to
download and give it a proper try
PK
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2022 20:04
thanks PK.

can you explain "cropping sometimes it can prove troublesome"?

i assume "cropping" = CopyImage() which is what i'm doing inside? how so?
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 15th Sep 2022 22:14
Think I misunderstood what I was seeing in the animation I watched.

To clarify when I've purchased sprite sets, with different sized sprites, it's hard without an import tool
such as this program to make sense of them. A copy, paste method approach becomes the only way
to separate them from different sizes on the one sheet. (import/export with code is handy)
PK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:23:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:23:17