Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Classic Version 2022.09.28

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2022 11:52
I've uploaded a new version to Steam and the TGC downloads area with the following changes

• Fixed compile error when returning a type from a function with more than 256 types defined in the project
  • Fixed potential runtime issues when more than 256 types are defined in a project
  • Added text shader commands
  • Fixed SetPhysicsInitiallyAwake ignoring the provided value and always using true
  • Fixed APK export with deep links for Android 12
  • Added new In-App Purchase commands to deal with subscriptions with multiple plans and offers
  • Added new common code folder for Android Tier 2 apps to simplify updates
  • Fixed command name for GetFractalXYZ
  • Added GetAppReceipt() command on iOS to return the list of AppStore transactions
  • Added commands to return the size and position of any display cutouts on Android
  • Added commands to return the safe area that avoids all cutouts on iOS and Android
  • Updated Snapchat SDK on Android
  • Updated Android target API to 31 (Android 12)
  • Removed deprecated expansion file commands on Android
  • Updated Chartboost SDK on Android
  • Updated Firebase SDK on iOS and Android
  • Added support for both Adaptive and Legacy icons in APK export
  • Added command to check if the device has a dark theme enabled
  • Added command to request the app be pinned on Android
  • Fixed Android sometimes returning device width and height as 1 at start before returning the correct values
  • Padded short sounds on Android to 400ms to avoid popping and distortion
  • Fixed very long Print() string (100,000+ characters) causing a crash
  • Fixed SetWindowSize on Windows not allowing windows bigger than the screen when allowOversize parameter is set to 1
  • Fixed APK export sometimes not finding java or jarsigner program
  • Fixed Android Keytool process sometimes not finding keytool program

Let me know if you have any problems
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2022 16:56
Thanks Paul.

Broadcast is working in this version
JosephB
Years of Service
User Offline
The text Shader does not seem to work in Classic as it does well in Studio. I used this as a test from @Janbo:

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/228677

In Classic it only shows as blocks, no discernable text.
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2022 02:48 Edited at: 29th Sep 2022 11:39
I can also confirm that it doesn't work in classic. If I use the internal shader by setting the shader to 0 the text is displayed. If I use the shader in the media folder no text is displayed so it looks like these new shader commands are broken in classic.

Paul can you please confirm if this is a bug or a problem with the code?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2022 17:12
Quote: "The text Shader does not seem to work in Classic as it does well in Studio"

Shader constants weren't being set properly for text objects, fixed for the next version
JosephB
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Paul.
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2022 06:51 Edited at: 1st Oct 2022 07:58
@Paul,
Now that you are working on Appgamekit again are the updates going to become more frequent? as 3 months is such a long time to wait. I was hoping to utilise the new text shader commands in my game but I won't be able to do this if I have to wait another 3 months for a fix.
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2022 17:59
Thanks for the update.

The indexof() bug is still in this version and I assume in Studio as well. I did a pull request for the fix
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 1st Oct 2022 19:39 Edited at: 1st Oct 2022 20:18
Quote: "Shader constants weren't being set properly for text objects, fixed for the next version"

can we get it (much) sooner as it seems to be related to another issue where FontImages have now lost color in Classic (working fine in Studio regardless of Renderer):

you can see some difference where the black outline in the text should be (it's > 192,192,192) but i can't confirm if any of the black is a full 255 opacity (ie, perhaps an issue if alpha < 255) with this font image.

we can still change text color as demo'd in the attached project (click LMB).

add: there's some alpha transparency:

issue posted @ the repo

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 2nd Oct 2022 02:11 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2022 02:13
update where if we add: SetTextShader(ID,0)

...FontImages show normally:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2022 13:57
Quote: "another issue where FontImages have now lost color in Classic"

Thanks, fixed for the next version

Quote: "The indexof() bug is still in this version and I assume in Studio as well. I did a pull request for the fix"

Thanks, I've merged it in

Quote: "are the updates going to become more frequent?"

The team have decided to go with a fixed update schedule for now
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2022 15:07 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2022 17:12
So have we got to wait another 3 months for the fixes even though they have already been fixed? If so that's really disappointing.

After a new release I would have expected at least a small window to correct any newly introduced bugs before the 3 month update kicks in.

Any chance you could release the 'next version' this week?
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2022 16:20
I'm with Zaxxan on this. I understand larger gaps between major changes, but quicker maintenance updates would be nice.
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2022 21:41
When compiling my app for iOS usage, I get the following error in the appstore:

Unable to Add for Review
The items below are required to start the review process:
Your app contains NSUserTrackingUsageDescription, indicating that it may request permission to track users. To submit for review, update your App Privacy response to indicate that data collected from this app will be used for tracking purposes, or update your app binary and upload a new build

Is AppGameKit setting this parameter? How can I turn that off? I do not track users, and do not want to state that I do.
What should I do to make this working again.

I had to update the MAC to the new XCODE for iOS 16 to be able to even deliver the app to the appstore altogether.
Thanks fr your help,
James
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2022 16:56
Quote: "PaulSJ commented on Jul 2, 2021 •
@KevinCrossDCL If you are using AdMob or any of the other ad SDKs then you need to use the RequestConsentAdMob() command to show the App Tracking Transparency permission request.

If you are not using ads then your best bet is probably modifying the Info.plist file to remove the NSUserTrackingUsageDescription row. You mentioned modifying a plist file earlier but I think you were modifying the AGKStudio plist, which doesn't need to change. The one you need to modify is in Resources/media/data/ios/source/AppGameKit Player.app

TGC doesn't track any data, the data types listed above by orvillian are because we include the AdMob, Chartboost, and other SDKs. If you are not using these (by unticking the "Uses Ads" export option) then you can remove them. I didn't realise Apple would also latch on to the presence of the NSUserTrackingUsageDescription field in the plist and demand an explanation. You may be able to get around that by explaining to Apple that it's not really used, but they'll probably just tell you to remove it, which you can do using the instructions above.

We will probably need to modify the export process to remove that field field if the Uses Ads tick box is unticked."

So I looked at this and I cannot find this path: Resources/media/data/ios/source/AppGameKit Player.app

For now I have found ALL plists in the MAC zip file with this XML attribute NSUserTrackingUsageDescription and removed it. I will recompile the code and see what Apple says.
Keep you posted
James
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2022 22:52
OK I took the AppGameKit classic package for MAC and did a search for all *.plist files that had the NSUserTrackingUsageDescription XML tag in them.
I found three and removed the XML tag and the desciption (which is literally the same text always)

I installed that package on my MAC and recompiled my code into an iPhone package, which I uploaded to the AppStore.
Then I updated the build and submitted it for review. This resolved the error message that I indicated 3 posts above this one.

However, this means that with every new version of the compiler I will have to go in and modify the package before installing it on the MAC.
I saw that this is an 1 year old issue. I don't see how this would be resolved in the compiler without checkboxes/field dependencies.

Thanks,
James

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 23:34:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 23:34:27