Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I'm new to Darkbasic Pro, and i have a few questions...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2003 23:14
I'm actually new to darkbasic alltogether. I have a great deal of experience with QBasic, not to mention some experience with C++, Visual Basic, Visual C++, and some asm. But I must say, Darkbasic is incredible! 3 thumbs up to Darkbasic! For now on I will chiefly program in Darkbasic Pro.

I have a few questions though, which I've stumbled across after my first day of fiddling. When I run a working source file in debug mode, the variable watcher displays all variables as "NO DATA", even though they are printed on-screen as variables that do indeed contain data. Why is this? And if i attempt to run a working source file in step-through mode, it won't run at all! It gives me an error on line one every time, saying it doesnt understand the command. Any help on this would be appreciated. Also, on more than one occasion I have made changes to a source file, and then compiled and run the program, only to find that my changes havn't been implimented. After quitting and restarting darkbasic pro, recompiling and re-running my source file, the changes have finally occured in the program. Why is this? It is a sporadic problem though. It doesn't happen like this everytime. Thank you in advance for any help on these subjects.

In terms of commands ive had troubles with, the MAKE SNOW PARTICLES, SCROLL OBJECT TEXTURE, and POSITION OBJECT commands are baffling me. I'm having trouble using these commands. Maybe someone can help explain the exact parameters to me using working examples? Thanx a mill.

...the prophecy is true afterall... Vortex2000 has returned~
thaduke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2004 04:12
WOW the only unanswered question on the board. How awkward. Doesn't someone here have an answer or two for me? I'd appreciate it. Well happy new years.

Cyberflame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2004 04:22
Happens to me too, i think the variables ahev to be constantly changing. I just ckilc around till it works normally.

quad 10k terrahert cpu| 9k^9k terrabyte(tb) hd|stolen military graphics card capable of rendering all of the pixar movies in 5 secs|999^9k tb of ram

15in monitor with 13in veiwable screen
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2004 05:35
the ide: make sure you are using the lates version (downlable on this site)

the debugger: crap on a shingle, read/search bug forum for debugger issues

-RUST-

VB.NET makes me all goose-pimply! http://www.mod2software.com
thaduke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2004 05:49
Well I have the latest updates now so hopefully it will make a difference. Thanks for replying. I guess I won't be using the debugger too much.

crazy coyote
Years of Service
User Offline
as for those commands that confused you, I might suggest the manual, or command index that should have come with darkbasic or darkbasic pro. They usually explain the command, then give a general pattern of the syntax.

I hope I helped.
Dan
thaduke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2004 08:05
thanks Dan. Do you know what "snowflake image" means though? That's what had me perplexed. Do i put a "1" or "2" etc. representing a loaded image in the snowflake syntax?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 13:53:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 13:53:40