Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2022 03:30 Edited at: 17th Nov 2022 03:34
So this Game is still being written and has 40 levels ready for play.

It took two years to get this playable and looking and learning from other projects and members help I got to this point.

Here is the video.

Catch cute pets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQanywruk3s

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2022 03:42 Edited at: 17th Nov 2022 03:49
looking good, GCH. my only complaint is that i have to view the vid on YT to THUMBS UP!

will it be available as HTML @ itch.io? if you need a hand with setting it up there, hit me up on Discord.
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "will it be available as HTML @ itch.io?"

It is already uploaded and working there but I have it set to private for testing, for some reason I get poor frame rates unless i load it in firefox.

Quote: "looking good"

Thank you very much.
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok so I can not get the html game to save level data so unless you want to play this game strait through it would not be good for a html game.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2022 23:50
Quote: "can not get the html game to save level data"

see here.
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2022 00:06 Edited at: 18th Nov 2022 00:07
I will put this in my saving code and see what happens, it might be a couple days to change a couple things and reupload it and test it.

Thanks for the share.

I will let you play it first and try it when it works right.

I have to reposition some sprites for a dirrent window size but You can still play it as it is for now.
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2022 07:53 Edited at: 30th Dec 2022 08:49
Ok Now that the game mechanics are finished I am now at the point of making it look good and polishing it off.

Still have 60 more leves to finish before It is a finshed project.

Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2022 04:55 Edited at: 30th Dec 2022 08:49
Another update .

I added better backgrounds and added better popups for scoring, I changed the overall look and fell but every level will be diffrent.

Am in the process of adding blocks and cages you have to break to clear some levels.

Will be adding more effects to add excitment.

Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2022 05:35 Edited at: 30th Dec 2022 08:49
What do you guys think of my new intro video for Match Cute pets? I downloaded a free video editor and it works real good.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2022 17:00 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2022 17:23
the intro looks good, GCH. it's a little long for a teaser, tho. perhaps trim it down to about a minute?

btw, i'm digging the particles and graphics in general. nice job

otherwise, which free editor?
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Virtual Nomad

About a min , mmmmm, ok, Good idea.

Quote: "otherwise, which free editor?"

It is called OpenShot Video Editor, it took a couple hours to learn how to use it but it does everything, I am just learning how to make vidoes so it helps.
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Well It is Thanks giving day here tomorrow so Happy thanks giving.

Big update on this game.

1.Added lose or win sounds
2.added Sounds control in game
3.Now you can shuffle the bord if you have no moves.
4.The menu is a lot better looking

Things to do

Add more levels, always in every update.
Put pets in cages and you have to break them free
make tiles a two or three break before there clear.
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a new update.

New level design for every level, It is looking and felling like a commercial game more and more.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2022 15:30
Quote: " It is looking and felling like a commercial game"

yes it is. nice work GCH
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Virtual Nomad

Thank you
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2022 12:16 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2022 12:20
Update

A new menu look and fixed a couple errors , added better and more modern music to jam to as you clear levels.

Up to 70 levels now.

More to come.

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2022 00:42
looking good. luv the characters and graphics
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
blink0k

Thank you, I have a big update soon and am working hard on this to make it fun.
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2022 20:12 Edited at: 30th Dec 2022 08:50
In this update I added a level helper who guides you in every level. More marble bombs to help clear tiles and also better music, not in this video.

Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
A little show from a big update. please comment or share, this game is starting to get fun and addicting lol.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2022 01:42 Edited at: 10th Dec 2022 01:49
looking better and better, GCH.

while watching the vid, @ ~1:33, there was opportunity for a 2-way combo. watching again and there were others.

are those criss-cross combos not in yet? (i saw none)

meanwhile, the fx are nice; especially the early fireball.

i expect you have a list of things to add but want to mention a function of a match game that i've played regularly for years, now (2700 plays and counting... ) where matches are never required in order to swap tiles.

seeing your winter themed board and i thought a "freeze time" occasion might be a nice reward/bonus for 1 (or more?) swaps?

keep up the good work and thanks for sharing progress.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "are those criss-cross combos not in yet?"

Yes they are, But when I am recording and playing I can not think properly lol, so I miss a lot on the board. All I can think about is the recording.

Quote: " i thought a "freeze time" occasion might be a nice reward/bonus for 1 (or more?) swaps?"

Yes I love that idea, There will be rewards for some things but never thought on rewards for better swaps, I will work on that.

Quote: "keep up the good work and thanks for sharing progress."

Yes I love to but it is sad to see not to many others saying anything, It is hard to do so much work for many hours and not get the attention but I guess As long as I keep at it more people will see it.

I have lots more to do as more mini games to add for better rewards and also people will be able to buy stuff to like moves and shuffles and bombs.

Thank you for your comment and thanks for following.
Arch-Ok
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2022 08:42
The game is really fun and looks great, sounds are really relaxing. I'm sure, it will be popular after some time. Just keep that good working of yours on...
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The game is really fun and looks great"

Thank you so much, That's true.

Quote: "I'm sure, it will be popular after some time."

Fingers crossed
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2022 04:51 Edited at: 30th Dec 2022 08:50
This is a little show of the pc version of Match Cute Pets. This game will be in the Microsoft store available as soon as we can get the first 100 levels completed. It has bigger and brighter levels then the phone version so it has a lot more space to add bigger bords to play with more pets to collect and more fun.

Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2022 08:32 Edited at: 30th Dec 2022 08:51
In this update of Match cute pets I created a new mini game where you have to play against the computer and clear your side of the board before the bird does. You each get a turn to move one pet to try and make a match.

Bio Fox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2022 01:29 Edited at: 18th Dec 2022 01:29
Figured I'd drop in and check your game out! I couldn't find a link to play the game. Is it available online yet? Otherwise,he latest video looks like the game is really polished. I'm impressed by the art style and all the effects like dust and clouds when sets complete.

Two years is a long time to be working on a project! Me and my friend have been at ours for about a year. How much longer before it's finished do you think?
Blue Herb Software - http://www.blueherbsoftware.com
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Bio Fox

Thank you for checking out the game.

Yes, two years and now a good working game engine with hardly no problems but with that said this is not online yet and still has another 30 levels to add then I will put it out for free. I am learning where to put it and why and how.

Like Amazon is a great place to put it for web app and for apks.

But It will be for pc and for phones.

Thanks for the compliments and I look forward to seeing the reviews when it is out.

My plan is to have this ready and out a little after Christmas's. Then after this adding at least 1000 more levels over time.

Keep checking back, Thanks for looking.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2022 15:41 Edited at: 20th Dec 2022 16:47
ok,i figured out that to win i needed to achieve a match involving each grid space on the current board and made it to level 4 so far. i should have known but i haven't played a true match game in a while, so...

everything plays great, GCH. you should be proud. the time you've put into this really shows!

some feedback:

save our settings/preferences. i had turned the music volume down a bit while playing. when i returned to the game, the music was back to full volume and unexpected.

add ability to skip the dialogue, at least on the levels that we've already won.

shuffle currently costs us nothing, despite the advice that it does. i had 1 move left and one square to fill (bottom-left corner) and just kept hitting Shuffle until the space was randomly cleared.

explain the special marbles as each seems to do something different? one seemed to be a "wild card" achieving a simple match, another cleared its newly occupied square plus all 8 around it.

and, check your spelling/typos (marbles vs marbals).

make the UI more uniform and don't let it overlap the board. i expect the UI is a set but the relatively tiny volume icons dont really match the music icon. personally, i would duplicate the larger music icon and add a + and - to them for volume up/down icons, for example. and, try to keep the words away from the borders (ie, Shuffle touches both sides).

suggestion: announce the best time for a current level when we start a level and display the current time during play. some of us are more-competitive and may want the added pressure

eric's music is great but some tracks are not perfectly looping. ie, halt and restart somewhat abruptly. you can make them a little smoother yourself by adding some fade and silence/short pauses to them with audacity.

some of the pet backgrounds are a little too subtle/blend in with the background, making it difficult to tell whether or not i've cleared some parts of the board.

give our little friend a name. i like to know the pet hoarders that i assist

this is great so far, GCH. and i've used every "cute" emoji that i could find in CCP's honor.

and, thanks for posting the game where i've been anxious to play it which i will continue to do. it's in my current rotation. i know i offered a lot toward a "to do" list but you've done so much so please take these as suggestions that might make it just a little better.

with that, i've $supported it. it feels like a xmas "gift exchange" between us so thanks again!

ps, is it Match or Catch Cute Pets? if you need me to change this thread's title, i'd be happy to help with the game's consistency.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2022 19:17 Edited at: 20th Dec 2022 19:20
OK lol, that is a load of great information that I am loving so let me try to answer the best i can.

Quote: "everything plays great, GCH. you should be proud. the time you've put into this really shows!"

Yes, I worked hard for two years to get it working correct, there was a time when it would not match correct, it would not place the pets on the bord, sometimes it would play them off the grid and i worked hard to fix everything. It makes me feel so good hearing it works good.

Quote: "save our settings/preferences. i had turned the music volume down a bit while playing. when i returned to the game, the music was back to full volume and unexpected."

Ok, yes I have it saving already but not like it should and i am still not sure why, But i am looking into this today.

Quote: " add ability to skip the dialogue, at least on the levels that we've already won."

Yes i will, this is a good idea, I dint think of that and i believe this will frustrate players.

Quote: "shuffle currently costs us nothing"

Yes sir I took this off for testing only, it will subtract a move soon.

Quote: "and, check your spelling/typos (marbles vs marbals)."

I know and i am embarrassed, i can not spell that great so i have others spell check for me.

Quote: " make the UI more uniform and don't let it overlap the board."

Ok good point, I have three versions due to screen size and one for phones and the phone version screen size is different so i have to work on this. I will change some ui to better fit the look. I think i might need help on this for looks sake.

Quote: "eric's music is great but some tracks are not perfectly looping"

Oh I also did not notice this myself, I will fix this also.

Quote: " give our little friend a name. i like to know the pet hoarders that i assist "

Lol, names for her is up for grabs, lets have a contest who can come up with the best name? lol

Quote: "Match or Catch Cute Pets?"

It is Match Cute Pets and I messed up the title to this thread when i first created it. I keep saying catch when it is Match, I do not know why I do this.

Thank you for the support it is needed and welcome, and thank you for the criticism, it truly helps with the creation of the app.
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2022 04:17 Edited at: 30th Dec 2022 04:21
Now, Some levels are won only using bombs. Or with the help from bombs. Now, this game is getting good. A new UI design and better look.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2022 07:10
seems like we'll be going on a grand tour of various locales; i'm ready
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2022 08:20 Edited at: 30th Dec 2022 08:20
Quote: "grand tour of various locales;"

I was thinking about having people walk by in the cities as you play like your game lol. But haven't decided yet. it would add to the visuals. What do you think?
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 31st Dec 2022 22:10
Looking good, can't wait to try it!
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you Zaxxan

I should get the first real release soon, it has now 100 levels but there is still a lot to do. But i am close. Even after that I will update with more levels to play. I am planing at least 1000 levels all together.
Bio Fox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2023 00:03
I finally got around to trying your game, but after downloading from itch.io I ran the exe and it ended up crashing. Game starts up, I see the main menu, I click, play, a white window opens up with AppGameKit in the header and it just remains stuck. Any idea what's going on? Seems like initially what's opening is the Vishnu Studio packer menu?
Blue Herb Software - http://www.blueherbsoftware.com
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
hi yes, it is a issue with Vishnu Studio packer and i am going to release this without that soon.

Right click on it and run as administrator.

did you try to run it strait from the download? click on the icon to play it, I found for some reason trying to play it after the download and not the Icon it does this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:21:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:21:30