Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Help with SetupNoise()

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,

I'm having problems with the built-in noise generator. I've managed to generate an image, so it's working ok I guess, but the parameters are not affecting the result.

No matters what values I assign to the frequency, amplitude, lacunarity and persistence, I always get the same result, which makes me think that I'm not using it in the right way.

Here's the code, any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2022 16:18 Edited at: 15th Dec 2022 16:25
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
i think your frequency and amplitude values (at least) are too large.

i haven't toyed with Noise for a short while and didnt try your code but have a play with THIS.

i did try to find some healthy ranges for the parameters based on what i saw were default values in the source code; reviewing that vid then playing with the Noise Explorer and i did feel control over things/was able to produce what i wanted after a short time.
psikoT
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much!!

That post is exactly what I was looking for. It's not only about the values, I was doing everything wrong.

I have been looking for examples but couldn't find anything, as the forum search didn't throw any result from the threads content, only from titles I guess.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:55:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:55:15