Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / ChatGpt assist

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How about adding that?

What do you say?
I think it will be such an improvement
Might dissolve the forum for asking for help, and create much better apps.
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2023 15:21 Edited at: 14th Jan 2023 15:28
you can ask ChatGPT anything you want already..

Example

Q) Can you show me some example AppGameKit source code ?

A)

Q) can you write that in AppGameKit BASIC for me

A)

PlayBASIC To HTML5/WEB - Convert PlayBASIC To Machine Code
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2023 15:36 Edited at: 14th Jan 2023 15:48
i've used it a bit and it's not quite ready to be the "go to" for AppGameKit stuff but it's got potential.

i didnt keep examples but i've pasted functions into it and asked what they do and it was accurate so i can already see value in that where the explanations were pretty clear.

otherwise, i'd asked some other AGK-specific questions and there were a couple responses that were absolutely inaccurate, so...

Quote: "create much better apps."

not sure about that expectation. how so?

meanwhile, i was surprised that it couldn't/wouldn't "search the web". i expect that they want to offer "verified" responses but i'd rather they served up what the AI could find with a disclaimer while seeking validation (that could later be truly validated vs trusting public response). but, i'm sure they have a solid plan for expansion.
haliop7
Years of Service
User Offline
Automatically creates better apps

1st you have another eye to watch how your code works

Asking a question like :
"Can this loop.run better" might find you better sorting algorithms and such

"my loop.is dropping fps" example
To maintain better loops, better sort, better approaches, less lines of code which do the same.

Etc.

Once it is combined with Diffusion you will be also be able to create a complete graphical game and content.

Also obviously the more.we play with it and review it as "A Good Answer" every update will do much better.

Also to play with Pyton as there is the Pyton Agk now that hopefully will keep updating with Core Updates.

Also, to help Modders and Creators find Bugs.

It is not about specific Agk Basic or Tier 2 lines of correct code, but to help us implant ideas and turn them into code in a neat tidy way. Without all the mess of R&D.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Aren’t you guys worried to give out your phone number to use it?
haliop7
Years of Service
User Offline
Aren't you afraid of giving your phone to any kind of app?

psikoT
Years of Service
User Offline
I was playing with it a bit yesterday... I asked something I knew was not possible and it kept giving wrong answers. Finally it said I better ask to the community.
haliop7
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, what did you ask? Might be funny to try
Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
It was giving me the whole time wrong answers too and it wasnt even giving BASIC code, i had to teach him the right answer. I think my question was Create a simple cube in AGKS.
I think it would become very powerful in future and hell it already is, but for code i wouldnt rely too much on it.
Animals
haliop7
Years of Service
User Offline
It could also help in explaining Physics and how to create efficient loops and sort algorithms it does not have to "Write code"

And it could also help with Python which probably have more into it.

Help you understand how to create your own script language and 3d manipulations by numbers, shaders and probably a lot of Psuedo code.

It might as well replace completely Stack Overflaw more like a personal Assistant rather then to create code for you.

Tgc could then ask for some kind of yearly or monthly subscription as it will work inside the Ide and will calculate itself (Using Lee's help)/the Agk Specific and Also Game Guru.

Then, adding, Diffusion of sort at it's second stage, will create unique content in seconds.

All inside the Ide both and Game Guru.

Then, it all TGC products will be able to compete well Against Unity, Unreal.

I know I will decently pay 100 USD a year for this. Working with Agk? My favorite GDK. Pffff I will pay 200 USD a year for this.

It will be like a Chrismas every. Day.
I would pay even 300 - 500 USD every year for that.

And I don't even mind if it could do this for free in another Gdk.

This is called Loyalty.

Lee, I think this should be considered.
Especially when it will be sufficient enough, to teach children.

We will have to code, it will Help Like Jarvis Helped Tony Stark become Iron Man.

Sort of.

Thank God, I remained on Agk I learned How to Patent Stuff with it. Got to a of attention from the world.

I think this is valid and legit.
It will enable us to compete with all other Game Engines. And even... To import export to other Engines. As this is very fast and rapid development using the Broadcast feature.

So, if you take a child, teach him, he will be able first to learn allll the basics really fast, then he could do anything he likes.

So starting with Unity or Unreal, that is a tough learning curve.

Lee, why won't you present Agk as a Primary Children starting point for coding.

Manage to get a Mario Like game in 1 day.
Then move to Whatever. You still get the starting point of the children of England for example to get up and running.
haliop7
Years of Service
User Offline

Lee and guys, you deserve a unique kind of Salute.
All major companies, released about 70 percent of their workers, you kept it small sized all of these years.

3 to 5 people Code Commando Unit.

Impressive.
One step a head, as you made this work and hobby.

Best decision of my life. Building something with the old Gdk.

I salute you.guys.

I think that you need just one more thing.

A better approach for Marketing User created games for some $$$ percentage.
Although Gpt will help, sometimes a mature and experienced eye Human could make a difference.

Letting people code like an Artist rather then a business man, that will be the Marketing Guy part.

I had a tall with one of my Music teachers, I asked him, if you are already successful why do you teach? Why won't you just dj parties?

He answered :
1. First I earn good money for teaching others, and people usually are so random it is actually fun.
2. I stay an Artist and not selling myself to the Main Stream.

That is an awesome answer.
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2023 06:57 Edited at: 30th Mar 2023 12:57
I asked it a couple of questions and it went like this is AppGameKit studio used professionally and it said it was used by some software houses for writing games and apps and prototyping. By the way if you use the virtual controls in AppGameKit studio for the pc rather than Android you have a very nice GUI using the mouse and the virtual controls. I'm nearly ready to release level one of my new game very soon on itch.io and will produce a level 2 soon after . The level 1 map took me 9 days to make and 452 meshes but it works great
plus 450 mines some trees (65) grass , medipaks and whatever next I suppose . clouds as well and compass
when I think I have it right it's going out there and i'll post a link . I have not completed it yet but it's a simple game and I'm going to have new levels regularly released asap for when they have completed the first level and so on.
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2023 07:42
@mike . Hey Mike long time since I have been around as was learning a new ish language but unfortunately it didn't pan out and I'm back to AppGameKit studio which I like even more each time I leave it and return . I have now decided I will not be learning any new languages as what I need I already have although I do have an interest in computer languages . Jit would be nice.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 22:28:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 22:28:02