Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / (Shaders) Nodetoy.co or Arternatives

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So thanks to GamesFromScratch i found out about that nice tool Nodetoy and saw it generates the code so i was wondering if somebody here have used it or maybe another tool to generate shaders to use in appgamekit.

I am completely new to this so bear with me but wouldnt it be so that if you have the code of a particular shader GLSL you could just save it to the files AGKS imports and voala,assign it to your model?

I dont see myself lerning to write shaders so i believe thise node based editors are the way to go,for this the question...
Animals
ando
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2023 15:11
Hi Dark_ITheI _Angel.

I have not tried Nodetoy and I have not mastered shaders but it would be good to learn.

Maybe a good way to start learning is to see how AGKS uses shaders on a mesh.
You could probably save these shaders as files but I just printed them on screen as an experiment.

I put this bit of code in the main loop....

BASIC appeared in May 1964. Lightning flashed, the wind roared and the Earth moved.
And nine months later I was born.
So here I am.
I am Basic.
Code is in my genes.
Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure will do.. Am myself trying to get those shaders to work as visual shaders are way easier then coding them.
Animals
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Just keep in mind that for AppGameKit shaders, you'll likely need to use its unique global uniform values versus generic tags/labels commonly found in GLSL shaders like the ones you may create using outside utilities/tools. I've included the list below, which are taken from this help page: https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/13_shaders.htm

So there may need to be some editing of a few lines of code to get them up and running with AGK.
Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the hint SFSW
Animals

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:09:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:09:00