Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2023 14:09 Edited at: 11th Mar 2023 16:46
* WIP *

The journey started here

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/214778

the first steps with agk2... the first goal was an android game, later windows.... it stayed with that because my work didn't leave me much time....

Then came AppGameKit Studio..... So I dug out all the source texts and restarted......
in tier 1 it all became too confusing for me (maybe I was too stupid)
so i tried blast out reloaded tier 2 .... mainly because i was familiar with the C/C++ language ......

And this has come out so far....

complete gameplay is still missing .... well almost!
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2023 17:15 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2023 17:19
more old school fun from you which is appreciated!

one critique from me is something that is also found in blast out which is that the text could really use an outline to make it more legible. lately i've been using UOBitmapFontMaker and there is =prof='s BMFC, as well where both can help.

we have Text Shaders now so perhaps that is the way to go?

otherwise, this would be a great addition to the current AGK Jam if you can Finish It in the next 2-3 months?
Steve Ancell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2023 23:45
That's pretty neat.
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2023 06:07 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2023 06:13
I loved the menu selector at the end. The feel it had gave me goosebumps from my childhood. nice work.
If the background scrolled some planets and stars cam in and out of view or twinkled would really sell it.I felt the background was a bit saturated. plus a 3d ship to go with your 3d asteroids. I could make the ship for you if u get this polished.

are there plans to add pauses and select some upgrades and add in other combatants?
obs studio free good screen recording software also

michael l
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2023 13:13
@Virtual Nomad: There is still a lot to do, different types of lasers and so on. Different level types ( space stations , etc ). I'm currently working on game dynamics (enemy movement, shield balance, etc.)
In order to make it to the jam, i.e. the 3 months, I have to postpone 1-2 projects that I started at the same time a little. and then just create the basics to see something different.

@Steve Ancell: *THX*

@smerf: At the moment it is only a very early test, shield, laser, etc. with the asteroids is for testing. 90% of the gameplay is still missing. If you enjoy making graphics, I'm happy to take them.
I'll take a look at obs studio free
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2023 06:18 Edited at: 9th Feb 2023 06:19
shoot me some concept picks in discord and ill try to make u some sprites from them. also i have some 2d assets here for menu/gui stuff https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/228865 and some extra scifi assets id be willing to share here https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/224566

michael l
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2023 16:48
*New Video*

Various lasers ( more coming soon )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:08:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:08:19