Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Googles "Families Policy" with AdMob and SetAdMobChildRating

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2023 11:37
Hello all.
Does anyone know if using SetAdMobChildRating(1), i.e. set the content of adverts to be child friendly, also prevents the Android Advertising ID (AAID) being sent when using AdMob? It seems like it should as you are basically telling the app that any adverts shown should be suitable for children.

I've had an email from Google asking me to update an app or it will be removed from the store as the "Families Policy" states that apps designed for children should not send their Advertising ID. Is there another way to stop the AAID being sent when using AdMob? I use RequestConsentAdMob but I get the impression that apps aimed at children shouldn't even ask them for consent. As a last resort I will have to see if I can remove the app from the "Designed for Families" scheme
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2023 04:16 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2023 04:30
I have just received an email from Google saying "We’ve identified the transmission of the following device identifier(s): Android Advertising ID".
Any help with this would be appreciated.

EDIT:
Additional information:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/6048248

I see the AD_ID permission commented out here.

EDIT 2:
OK, the app in question might not have been compiled with AppGameKit 2022.12.13, which has the SetMaxAdContentRating(G) fix.
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2023 12:10
adambiser - Can you provide any more information on the "SetMaxAdContentRating(G) fix"? I've done a forum search but cannot find any reference to it (although I am starting to think the forum search is broken). Does this mean that if using AppGameKit Studio from 2022.12.13 or later it will fix the problem of it sending the AAID when SetAdMobChildRating is set?

Thanks for any info you can give.
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2023 13:51 Edited at: 24th Feb 2023 13:51
This is the GitHub issue for the SetMaxAdContentRating(G) Fix: https://github.com/TheGameCreators/AGK-Studio/issues/1052

They mention it in the update log for Studio 2022.12.12: " Fixed AdMob not setting MaxAdContentRating if SetAdMobChildRating is set"

I have two apps, one compiled after that fix and one before. Both have the same code for AdMob. The one that has NOT been compiled recently got an email about AAID being shared.

I hope to compile and release an update for the problematic app today to see whether they accept it.
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2023 16:38
Thanks adambiser. That seems like exactly the same problem I have with the same notification from Google. I too have recompiled and submitted the game using the newest version of AppGameKit Studio so hopefully it will pass their tests.
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2023 16:34
Sorry to post in this (slightly) old thread, but after submitting a new version of my app compiled with the newest AppGameKit Studio to the Google Play store (submitted 25th Feb 2023) I heard no complaints from them... until now. They have just messaged me with basically the same issue and a threat to remove the app on May 17th if it isn't fixed. This is what their email says:

Quote: "We've identified that your app or an SDK in your app transmits device identifier(s) from children or users of unknown age that do not comply with our Families Policy.
- These identifiers may include but are not limited to Advertising ID.
Apps that solely target children should not transmit the following:

Android Advertising ID (AAID)
SIM Serial
Build Serial
BSSID
MAC
SSID
IMEI and/or IMSI

Apps that target both children and older audiences must not transmit the listed identifiers from children or users of unknown age."

I definitely have SetAdMobChildRating( 1 ) in my code. Unless there is a quick fix anyone can think of it looks like I might have to remove the app from the Google "Designed for Families" scheme, which would be a shame and could dramatically shrink the target audience.
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2023 17:39
Also got that a few days ago. I don't think there's a quick fix.

From the github issue

This makes me wonder:
Some SDKs, such as the Google Mobile Ads SDK (play-services-ads) may already declare this permission in the SDK’s library manifest. If your app uses these SDKs as dependencies, the AD_ID permission from the SDK’s library manifest will be merged with your app’s main manifest by default, even if you don’t explicitly declare the permission in your app’s main manifest.
Source

And I see "com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID" in classes.dex

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:34:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:34:41