Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / A Big Seller Point for AGK, Tested and Assured.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2023 05:38 Edited at: 26th Mar 2023 19:24

I am not able to buy a decent laptop, I bought 3 laptops over the last 2 years, 1 one was stolen, a low-end i3. 8 GB, intel GPU SSD, etc. 400$ which in Israel, you pay about 200$ just for taxes.

after it was stolen, I used my Mom's old pc for a week or so, really old, dual-core of the oldest you can find, Stationary old stuff, 32 MB GPU card hahahaah. (Working AGP PERFECT)

now i have a Celeren Laptop, SSD, 8 GB, intel 600 GPU,
And guess what, I MANAGE to get everything running using AppGameKit, I always manage to handle 60 fps for really complex stuff. TIER 1.
so, what I am saying is, I think this is the best selling point for AGK. UNITY AND UNREAL will never really work on low-end computers.

so it makes sense, that this is the PERFECT selling point for 3rd world countries where money is a real issue, especially for children who want to learn how to.
When I was in Mexico, I was about to receive like 10 computers as I was volunteering in an Orphanage, had to go back, but yeah,

So, I guess low-end pcs can run it as well.

"AGK will work on any kind of computer."

This has been tested by me.
Studio absorbs the battery and uses more CPU\GPU - I use this when I am at home and AC PLUGGED.
Classic is well handled through battery consumption, less impact on CPU\GPU (Much less) - use this when not AC plugged, or on the road.

MAC - I had a MAC MINI, a few years ago, while I was building Nano Canvas,
On one hand, I had an ASUS ROG, that cost me 4000USD back then (that was the last Laptop that I invested in, 9 years ago or so)
and I had a Mac Mini i3, 8 GB, SSD, and AppGameKit was not ready for MAC OS yet, so I used a Virtual Machine on my Mac to run it, IT SHOWED SUPER RESULTS
on the MAC OS, although it was an extremely low end in front of the ASUS ROG, I remember it showed better FPS when the Limit was off.

I tested it alone on I think like 7 different computers over the years.
only two were high-end, and all the other 5, were old or just really low-end, like the cheapest you can find in stores, just to "code something".
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2023 18:03
I agree and I am aiming my software to run on the average laptop .
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
This depends in what your goal is, A phone app, a laptop game, or for all devices.
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2023 19:33
I think for all devices . One of the benefits of AppGameKit . It doesn't take too long to convert a pc game to an Android game. A few hours maybe .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:31:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:31:20