Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Denklem - Arithmetic challenge!

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2023 20:37 Edited at: 13th Mar 2023 20:40
Denklem is a game where you calculate the target number with other given numbers. You can also play online via other players as well as play in a party with your friends. So, let's party!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=denklem.v0000

you can play in single mode;

or you can enter the arena and see your stats and/or accept other players invitations;

or you can send invitations to other players who are online;

and see your rankings;

and I confess the funniest part of the game is playing in a party with firends.

Yes, I again did failed to make good looking UI (modern looking) but the reason I share it here is, the community is suprisingly growing bigger so I thought you guys would enjoy it also.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=denklem.v0000

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2023 22:03 Edited at: 13th Mar 2023 22:04
looks fun, Arch-Ok.

and, as mentioned before, gotta love anything similar to THIS (RIP sean!).

nice work!
Arch-Ok
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2023 08:55
Thank you @Virtual Nomad.

As a notice, I had set max_pendingtime to 500 ms for testing purposes and just forgot it to set a proper time on the server side, which was a big mistake and made denklem lost a lot of new users. Now it is set to 5000 ms so if anyone tried to create an account and got error message can try it now.
It is sad, but this is how we gain expriences...

I need you guys to try and review it and send me feed backs which won't take you a minute, por favor.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2023 23:26
I finally gave this a play and its fun, as expected. A bit tougher than Countdown but similar play.

A couple crits:

1) with the choice of colors and relatively small font size, the instructions are a hard read for me. Consider increasing font size and presenting the instructions over 2 pages?

Then, 2) when we win, keep the path that we took to arrive fully visible (for as long the player wants to review it) instead of obscuring 1/2 of it with the target #.

Will continue playing, arch-ok. Thanks for the fun
Arch-Ok
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2023 09:33
Thank you for the feedback. I am enterily changing the gui again, the "next/prev page" will be gone, instead I'm adding scrolling thus there won't be any limits on the screen.
So the the win animation will be changed.
If you've created an account in the "Arena", play it with your friends, I didn't expect that much fun playing with friends in a party, really I'm very suprised that everyone asked to play again again in the party together.
creating and joining a party is a little bit odd, I mean user must enter at least 5 chars for party name and 5 chars for the party password. Why I did that I don't know, that will be changed also.
Arch-Ok
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2023 09:53
Oh, also people are demanding to send messages even sending voices with each other, thus I need a virtual keyboard that shows return/enter key badly. The admin can send messages to all users, to a spesific country and to an individial player for now, yes it has a messaging system installed already.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2023 18:41
if you haven't started the "scrolling" stuff, THIS might be a start.
Arch-Ok
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2023 17:04
Thank you @VN very much, I created a simple shader for texts and sprites which are clipped against their parent controls already, but if anythings goes wrong I'll try your way.

here is an example of a main window parenting new flat and modern looking controls also the purple panel parenting the blue panel which is parenting two round flat buttons and they move when the parent moves...

this time I'll take it very slow but steady...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:00:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:00:56