Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Play Game Services not logging in on Android

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2023 07:40 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2023 07:42
Hi,

Has anyone released or updated an Android game that uses GameCenterSetup() and GameCenterLogin() within say the last 6 months?

These two commands will log in fine when testing my game via the AppGameKit Player, but as soon as I install the app via the Google internal testing track it seems to get stuck on GameCenterLogin(). It doesn't freeze the game, it's not that kind of stuck, but the following code will just forever show logging in

In the AppGameKit Android export window I have the 12 digit application ID that's shown on Play Console for the game, so as far as I can tell I'm doing everything I need to do.

I do find the tooltip message a bit confusing in the AppGameKit Android Export window though because it says: "The 12 to 19 digit application ID assigned by Google Game Services to your app" is there another application ID for the same game on Play Console that I'm not seeing? One that specifically for Google Game Services, and not the main game application ID?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2023 11:21
They should be the same... BUT in the Play Console., you will have to select the project and scroll down to Game Services Config.

There are a few steps here:

Create / Link Cloud Services (Firebase) with AppID
Configure Cloud Services (External Cloud Services Console)
Add Credentials

And... well, that's more-or-less it.
Remember you add Test Users via the Cloud Services., which will allow up to 100 External Testers (Internal is anyone who has Developer/Play Console access)
Yes., this is a ridiculous faff just to allow people to login via Game Services and have Cloud Saves.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2023 12:08
Thanks for the pointers. I'll have to check later tonight to see if I've done any of those things or not. I did find it a lot more confusing on the Play Console than a few years ago when I last did this.
Please don't send private messages via the forum messaging system as I don't get notified and I don't visit the forum all that much so often see the messages a month or two later. You can find me on the AppGameKit Discord if you want to message me that way.

OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
AGK Examples & Mini Projects (GitHub)
Missing AppGameKit Commands (GitHub)
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2023 13:14
I've just logged in to Play Console and can see I did all that yesterday. I might not have done it right, but all flagged as done

Please don't send private messages via the forum messaging system as I don't get notified and I don't visit the forum all that much so often see the messages a month or two later. You can find me on the AppGameKit Discord if you want to message me that way.

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2023 14:46
I deleted the Game Service project on Play Console to start it again but had to stop at the part where I have to upload an app icon as I don't have it on my work machine. I did notice that when setting up the OAuth consent on Google Cloud Platform that Play Console tells you which 3 scopes to pick, I do remember I only picked game and game_lite. I didn't pick the other, but I missed the bit of text telling me which ones to pick. Will try again later when I have access to the app icon. Hopefully the one scope item I missed was the problem!

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2023 19:31
What option am I picking for the credentials?

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2023 23:30
Still not working. GetGameCenterLoggedIn() returns -1. The help file says: "If the user fails to login or GameCenter is not available then this will return -1." I'll assume it's the latter.

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2023 00:05
Try GetLastError() and See what it says
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2023 06:40
GetLastError() is a good tip, but unfortunately it's showing: Surface Size: 1080 x 2400.

I did look at all of my images to see if I can find the image that's that size to get rid of the error, but I don't have any. The biggest images are 2048x2048 which are spritesheets containing a grid of 64 tiles.

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2023 07:16
I get that surface error even when I create a new project and just have this as the code:

So I don't think it's image related.
Please don't send me private messages via the forum messaging system as I don't get notified, and I don't visit the forum all that much so often see the messages a month or two later. You can find me on the AppGameKit Discord if you want to message me that way.

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2023 07:33 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2023 07:34
To see if the Surface Error would be replaced with a new one I added the GameCenterLogin() to main loop. No difference, still Surface Error and GetGameCenterLoggedIn() eventually returns -1.

Please don't send me private messages via the forum messaging system as I don't get notified, and I don't visit the forum all that much so often see the messages a month or two later. You can find me on the AppGameKit Discord if you want to message me that way.

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2023 07:57
I'm going to put a if condition around the GameCenter commands so that they only trigger for iOS, at least until the app has been published when I can try it again to see if publishing it made a difference.

dandrews
Years of Service
User Offline
were you able to solve this issue?
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2023 10:17
@dandrews, I rarely use the forum, so don't see replies until much later. I didn't get it sorted. In the end I realised it's an issue with AppGameKit that needs fixing. Someone reported it to TGC and basically got a response that it's not high priority, they may have worded it a bit differently, but that was what I got from it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 04:49:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 04:49:07