Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] 'data' operator, reading XML files etc

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2023 20:17
Hi profis!
After 20 years back to Basic and 10 years break of programming at all (except HTML, Javascript etc): I'm wondering how I can import a lot of data into big arrays in AppGameKit. The old (and still actual, see FreeBasic) Operator 'data' to read a long list of data (which I can scrap from some of my old Basic projects) did not exist, isn't it?
When I export the integer data with FreeBasic, it seems there is a problem to read them with AppGameKit (4 vs 8 bit long). Currently trying to do it as string files.
Additionally, I can't find any build in solution to extract and use them from XML data files. Is there any?
Thanks to bring me back on the right path!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 11th Apr 2023 00:29
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
There is a great XML parser by Phaelax that may help you
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/219044
fubarpk
https://fubarpk.itch.io/
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2023 02:55 Edited at: 12th Apr 2023 02:56
i'm glad fubarkpk got you going. if it works for you out of the box, great.

but, you might consider parsing/converting your data to native .JSON handling (see the bottom of the page here).

depends on what you're doing with the data but i know the .json stuff is lightning fast on mobile (tons faster than reading line by line, etc)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:59:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:59:08